CND lamp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oasis

Nail Mad
Reaction score
Can anyone help me? I spent a fortune last year on the new CND lamp, initially I was very happy as it has lifetime bulbs. Unfortunately the lead is very flimsy and now makes the lamp cut out or not work.
I have tried to get a new lead but Ellisons have said I need to buy a whole new lamp. I'm really not happy, it's just out of warranty.
Feeling really conned, having been a Shellac bird since the beginning I'm now thinking about a different gel polish.
Has anyone else had this? What did you do?
Thank you. :( xxxx

Is it the lead itself or the connection? Is the lamp still in its 12 month warranty?

No it's the lead, just a month out of warranty. Xx

Ahh how annoying I love shellac and their new lamp is good so much quicker but I've also had problems with it and had to send two lamps back! Luckily both were still under warranty and ellissons were great at replacing them.

Does the lead keep dropping out the back of the lamp? Mine has that problem x

It has done, but the lead is actually shorting out and I have to move it around to get it to switch on. Sometimes it won't at all. I can't risk it with clients so back to my old UV for now. I think I might go with Opi or Gelish. Any recommendations?

You could try taking the lead to somewhere like Maplins and see if they sell a replacement. Would probably only cost a couple of pounds rather than buying in a whole new range.

Thanks. I already tried Maplins they don't have anything with the correct voltage.

Could sweet squared perhaps help? It would be a good idea that they could possibly start selling just the lead to customers whom they know have their lamp, just like you can buy spare chargers for your phone etc. Hope you get it sorted! X

Oooh, thanks everyone for your help, have just called SS and they don't sell the leads on their own but are sending me a spare one they have. Just charged me £3.50 postage.
I'm a happy CND user again. xxx

Oooh, thanks everyone for your help, have just called SS and they don't sell the leads on their own but are sending me a spare one they have. Just charged me £3.50 postage.
I'm a happy CND user again. xxx
That's brilliant! Can't beat Sweet Squared customer care

I had this exact same problem last week!! I bought my lamp with ellisons who said that my warranty had ran out too! So she put me through to sweet squared. Explained that when I was moving the lamp it was cutting out or just not working at all, this was Friday morning and I received my new cable first class Saturday morning! Brilliant customer services!!

I'm experiencing the same problem with my CND uv lamp lead. Just falls out. Will try Ellison soon on Monday

I've just been persevering with it but reading that others are experiencing the same makes me want to get it sorted out!

Thanks

Latest posts

Back