CND LED lamp?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just one query, is it right that the lamp flashes on the Top Coat setting?! I thought it was a loose wire :D
Yes the light pulses during the basecoat cure.
It also pulses for 10 seconds at the start of the 60 second Brisa cure, this will help to prevent any exothermic reaction/heat spike.

I think for this reason, and the fact the shellac colour cure is 60 seconds in this lamp that it would be a risk to think it cures Gelish or any other LED cured gel polish.
This CND lamp cures CND Brisa and Shellac.

As I also use Gelish and ACG I have ordered a Gelish 18G lamp whilst they have a great deal on this weekend.
This will bring me into the LED Age with 1 lamp for Shellac and another for Gelish and they still won't take up as much room on my desk as my 2 CND UV lamps do!
Will my Boat go faster @Lynne Baker ? NO, given my outlay this week it has probably sunk...

Will my Boat go faster @Lynne Baker ? NO, given my outlay this week it has probably sunk...

Lol Izzi. At least you operated the boat under manufacturer's instructions before you sunk it!

Anybody else experiencing ventilator noise still after the light goes off? Is that normal? Why does it do that? Last two buttons 2S and 3.

Anybody else experiencing ventilator noise still after the light goes off? Is that normal? Why does it do that? Last two buttons 2S and 3.
Mine does this and it's presumably normal as all of ours were doing it at The Event :)

Thank you pure. I was not sure. At the begining as I just put the lamp on it doesn 't do that, may be in couple of times of pressing buttons, and the longer I use it the longer it takes for the fun to stop.

Can I just ask is it easier for clients to put their foot in when doing a pedi?

I used mine for the first time on myself (on Sunday) and love it but I have a minor problem.
I found that although the lamp is meant to target your nails only, I found the thumb light was on the opposite hands little finger (if that makes sense) and I found it quite warm and a little uncomfortable.
I tried adjusting my position but this resulted in my little finger not curing properly. I followed the instructions.
I am worried that this will happen with clients. Any tips/help is appreciated.

As for the new top coat. I Couldn't tell if it is shinier, but it may wear differently. Strangely I can't wait until soak off

I used mine for the first time on myself (on Sunday) and love it but I have a minor problem.
I found that although the lamp is meant to target your nails only, I found the thumb light was on the opposite hands little finger (if that makes sense) and I found it quite warm and a little uncomfortable.
I tried adjusting my position but this resulted in my little finger not curing properly. I followed the instructions.
I am worried that this will happen with clients. Any tips/help is appreciated.

As for the new top coat. I Couldn't tell if it is shinier, but it may wear differently. Strangely I can't wait until soak off
There's 2 pads for thumbs, lower than the little fingers? If that's what you mean?

I definitely have noticed the shininess, I can tell my toes are a lot shinier x

There's 2 pads for thumbs, lower than the little fingers? If that's what you mean?

I definitely have noticed the shininess, I can tell my toes are a lot shinier x

Thank you for your reply. Yes that's what I meant, the lower thumb pad/light projects heat onto the little finger. Well mine does???

Does the lamp cure IBX?

Does the lamp cure IBX?
Famous Names says that any lamp will work just cure the IBX for the same time as your normal colour coat. So with the new LED lamp that would be button 2S, 60 second cure.

Famous Names says that any lamp will work just cure the IBX for the same time as your normal colour coat. So with the new LED lamp that would be button 2S, 60 second cure.

Thanks Pure :)

I've been following this thread and i have a few questions prior to purchasing. I am wondering if this new lamp is still good for tootsies as the old one has the slip out plate. Does this have similar or is it designed for hands only? Also, I currently use my CND lamp for GelII and IBX, a bit naughty I know but I have two on my desk and can't fit another - no problems with curing the other products at all. Will the new led one still cure IBX and GelII?

The new lamp easily accommodates toes without having to remove any parts this time! It will certainly cure IBX but I would check with the manufacturers of GeII as obviously you should always follow their curing instructions.

The new lamp easily accommodates toes without having to remove any parts this time! It will certainly cure IBX but I would check with the manufacturers of GeII as obviously you should always follow their curing instructions.

Thanks Pure :hugs: I know I'm naughty but GelII currently cures fine in my cnd uv lamp and have been told that this is fine to do. Im just wondering if it will still cure it in the new cnd led lamp. I don't want to purchase it, chuck my old ones and find out that it doesn't cure my GelII

I would advise contacting your Gel II supplier in that case and see what they suggest. I would always recommend checking the small print of your insurance too, I know mine specifically states that products must be used as per manufacturers instructions which of course includes using the recommended lamp, which is why I suggest checking with your supplier.

I am so disappointed with the new lamp, my cable for the adaptor had a loose connection so they sent me out a new one only for the plug itself to be broken :( . My partner is an electrician and thinks the cable is going to be an issue in the long run. Has anyone else had any issues or have i been very unlucky?

I am so disappointed with the new lamp, my cable for the adaptor had a loose connection so they sent me out a new one only for the plug itself to be broken :( . My partner is an electrician and thinks the cable is going to be an issue in the long run. Has anyone else had any issues or have i been very unlucky?
Mines fine, no problems at all as of this moment

I've had an issue with it sparking and was kindly sent a new one which I received on Monday... This one now seems to have a loose connection... Hmm

I've had an issue with it sparking and was kindly sent a new one which I received on Monday... This one now seems to have a loose connection... Hmm
I wonder if its not too late to send my one back ..... Was really looking forward to using it

Latest posts

Back