CND nail polish and general nail polish help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simply Nails

Reaction score
Evening all,

I hope some of you can give me some advice.

I have posted on here before about nail polish problems, but I'm still experiencing difficulties.
I am using CND and Lumos base and top coat, but am still getting peeling and chipping. I have read threads on here that state that some of you have got between 1 - 2 weeks wear out of nail polish.... I can't get longer that 2 days, and this is worrying me for when I start doing clients manicures, as no one would return after polish spoiling after such a short time.

I have done everything I can think of, all bar changing my nail polish collection for the third time (i originally used OPI)
I've squeaked the nails, applyed thin layers, capped all layers of polish, solar oiled to keep the polish flexible... but nothing works. The polish peels off in big lumps. When you look at the nail you can see that its lifted, then you can slide another nail underneath and it peels completely away. Or it starts chipping away at the corners. I hae also found that the capping seems to rub away when doing normal day to day things.

Does anyone recommend buying CND stickey and super shiney base or air dry?

I really hope someone can help as I don't know what else to do.

Is this happening on your own nails? If it is are your own natural nails thin and weak and bendy?
If so then this is why its happening, I have a couple of clients who has this problem with polish and I myself do also.
There is nothing that you can do other than go for enhancements if you want the polished look. Shellac may last longer than a week but not for 2 as my client and myself have found because theer is too much movement in our own nails it causes the Coating to peel away
Hth
Jen xxx

I have this problem on myself too, polish lasts about 2 days! but this is my nails that are thin and weak and I am not careful enough, I use the same (cnd)polish on my friend and it lasts a week. Find someone with good strong nails and try on them. :)

Hi Jen,

Thank you so much for replying. I've just been having a look at my nails and I had never thought they were thin, weak or bendy, but on closer inspection maybe they are thin, but are long and in good condition I think. It depends on how bendy is bendy. My nails will bend if pressure is applied. My fiance has just said they do seem quite spongy?!
I had enhancements on in the summer just gone, as I trained in CND L&P, and have been getting my natural nails back to health after they were damaged due to the L&P.
So is there nothing I can do? Do I just have to face that i can't really wear polish?
Thanks for the advice. I was beginning to think I was doing something terribly wrong with application.

Hi Claire,

I did a french polish tonight on a friend. She hasn't got particularly good nails at the moment, so i will see what happens with her's and then find someone with good nails. Thanks

Latest posts

Back