CND Peformance Tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautiful You

Reaction score
Hi

I'm confused about the 'no blending' aspect of these tips. I'm still blending on the nail to get rid of any ghost shadowing - was that wrong. Can I just apply it in a neat smile line and go on with product even though there is a tiny lip. As I am new to using these I still took out the ears - side areas and made them smooth on the nail as you would one with a well.

Please help as with all newbie's timing is an issue and I would love to get quicker.

Hi Hun
You do NOT need to do anything with these tips AT ALL....no blending or pre tailoring....
The work has already been done for you...I have been using these tips for years in the salon and wouldnt use any other tips now...
You just apply them ,after prep,as they come...cut and shape and apply product...less fuss and brings your timing right down...
This is how i use them and they always look perfect
If your a newbie then ,i as a salon owner,would be more interested in you producing a beautiful set of nails rather than a quick set
hth
xx

Hi Hun
You do NOT need to do anything with these tips AT ALL....no blending or pre tailoring....
The work has already been done for you...I have been using these tips for years in the salon and wouldnt use any other tips now...
You just apply them ,after prep,as they come...cut and shape and apply product...less fuss and brings your timing right down...
This is how i use them and they always look perfect
If your a newbie then ,i as a salon owner,would be more interested in you producing a beautiful set of nails rather than a quick set
hth
xx
can I jump in pretty please, because I've been advised to try these to get my timings down and am going to order today.

I'm producing what I believe to be quality nails, the customers are happy, they are easily lasting the 3 weeks till rebalance with minimal lifting on a couple of nails. I'm taking about 3 hours sometimes. I can't quite get past the no blending method of applying tips though.

I used to use white tips (millenium ones) and thats the only instance where nails have 'pinged' off, happened on 2 different customers.

Have you ever heard of performance tips pinging off? I know the strength is in the product, guess I'm just freaking lol

@ Beautiful you ; if when you apply them you feel there is some bits that need doing then do it , we all have to learn to Tailor every set of nails to our clients needs and the customizing runs right from the tipping to the finishing! clients fingers and nails are never all the same so there is no right or wrong as far as pre-tailoring goes if your customizing them to be the best they can be for your client :)
as for your timings like Louisenewell said; you will get there the more you do but dont cut corners x

@waxctera ; Why don't you try a sample pack ? you will soon see how simple they are , when you have them in your hand you can see why they don't need blending , they are thin and flexible , they are made to sit close to the nail unlike the other types. you will still need to remove the shine and ofcorse shape the free edge.

I would all so invest in a box of velocity tips to as proformance wont be suitable for everyone , i believe velocity are called that because the speed that you can blend them.

I know with the invention of well less tips it may seem like a no brainier but please spend time learning how to properly blend a tip its a skill that I think ALL nail techs should have even if you only ever sculpt!

completely second what mizzy said about velocity tips - they are an absolute dream to blend as they blend like butter - very very little effort required with regard to filing and they certainly speed up your service but still maintain a high quality.

V x

I have the velocity tips as I trained with these. Because of that I can't get it into my head to not blend the performance ones so that you can't tell where the join is (I have tried them twice now and this is how I was taught with velocity and other tips).

Am I right then that your overlay just covers up where you could see the tip? How does this work if you have a small free edge and have to apply slightly lower down the nail - you would see the tip through any clear overlay? Does taking the shine off help this or is this a case of where I would obviously blend to suit that client.

I hope these don't sound like stupid questions. I am going to apply a few to myself and see. I am somewhat a perfectionist and not cutting corners and I think I struggle as my filing is somewhat apprehensive to avoid breaking skin. My first set took 3 hours with gels (with a few interuptions) so I was actually pleased with that. My L&P times are a little embarrasing but like you say I will get there. I'm seeing my trainer again soon so I will check all this with her too.[/QUOTE]

Latest posts

Back