CND powder-can I mix in a pigment or something to make it opaque?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluebelle Nails

Reaction score
Sweet squared is out of stock of opaque pink powders but I need some for this Saturday to sculpt pink and whites (so you don't see the nail underneath when it grows out)
Is there anything I can add to the sheer pink to get the same effect??

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using SalonGeek mobile app

Following! I've tried adding pigments to clear, but never get it the same opaque shade :( xx

I watched a YouTube video where a girl mixed some white acrylic into the pink acrylic to make it opaque. Have u tried that? Idk if it will work but worth a try.

You can add white powder to make it opaque then mix in additives to get the colour you want.
When adding additives do it little by little- a little goes long way and you can always add more but you cant take away!
Also, used no more then 30% additive to powder.

Thanks guys :)
Do you know what colour additives?I don't have the cnd ones :( I've only just converted to them) x

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

I like to mix in a dash of antique bronze or blush bronze and a small dash of haute pink for a nice warm mix xx

I called sweet squared and they told me they've discontinued the opaque pinks...so its all about custom blending now I believe. This is a bit of a mine field for me right now! Lol. I'm searching on CND.com for some help, the lady on the phone suggested getting one of the other pink acrylic powders (pure pink I think) and then mixing with pigments, as already suggested on here...eek

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using SalonGeek mobile app

Back