CND Remover pads

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cfl

cfl
Reaction score
Hello geeks
I recently trained at S2 in Leeds for Shellac and although I'm getting more confident in using the products I arn't having much joy in removing the product! I have had a couple of clients who had a manicure and it lasted 3 weeks which is brilliant, however, just can't remove the polish for at least 20 to 30 mins?! I have really soaked the pads and tried putting the remover pads on tighter but the polish still stays on in parts and I have to use a orange stick to get the remaining polish off. It is infuriating me and thinking must be going wrong somewhere. Someone who uses CND advised me to just soak in acetone in a dish or put cotton wool balls soaked in acetone and wrap it around with foil.
Grateful for any advice from you geeks - or resort to ringing S2 in Leeds.
:confused::confused:

Hello geeks
I recently trained at S2 in Leeds for Shellac and although I'm getting more confident in using the products I arn't having much joy in removing the product! I have had a couple of clients who had a manicure and it lasted 3 weeks which is brilliant, however, just can't remove the polish for at least 20 to 30 mins?! I have really soaked the pads and tried putting the remover pads on tighter but the polish still stays on in parts and I have to use a orange stick to get the remaining polish off. It is infuriating me and thinking must be going wrong somewhere. Someone who uses CND advised me to just soak in acetone in a dish or put cotton wool balls soaked in acetone and wrap it around with foil.
Grateful for any advice from you geeks - or resort to ringing S2 in Leeds.
:confused::confused:

You have to etch the shine off your shellac before soaking off ! Just use your file to break the seal and remove the shine, gel polish should only take minutes to remove ! Xx

You have to etch the shine off your shellac before soaking off !

No you don't!

To the OP it'd be worth contacting your CND Ambassador to talk through your procedure - are your coats too thick, etc. :)

You don't need to etch the top coat, but you do need to make sure your coats of shellac are thin, especially the base coat. If its too thick it can make it harder to remove. If its on for longer than two weeks I think it takes a bit longer to remove. Try also wrapping the hands in a warm towel whilst soaking off.

I have a lot of clients who go 3 weeks between shellac appointments. I use the remover wraps and saturate, but the key is to wrap them TIGHTLY. they must be in good contact with all of the Shellac on the nail. Also as another poster mentioned, Thin To Win. Thin coats, especially the base coat are key to an easy removal. You should be able to paint 2-3 average length nails without dipping your brush back into the base coat bottle. Like another poster also said, give your EA a call, they will be able to help you perfect your removal. Best of luck xxx

DO NOT Etch the shine from shellac..... This totally defeats the object if shellac (no buffing!!!)

I don't get on with nourishing remover at all, I use acetone on my wraps but I use cotton wool and foil for myself mum and sister whom I do for free and i personally find it penetrates shellac quicker this way but professionalism
Wise the wraps are good x

I also battle with the wraps. Unless you have them tight and flush with the nail they don't work. I take cotton eye pads and cut them into quarters soak and use tin foil. The foil you can squeeze once it's on the nail to ensure that the cotton pad is flush with the nail and tight. It also helps with body heat to speed up the process. I go into my wholesaler and buy tinfoil for doing highlights. It's comes in it's own little box that has the serrated edge so you can make the pieces the size you want. The wraps are lovely and professional but I just can't get the hang of them.

I had serious issue with shellac removal, even on myself and I was using SolarOil a number if times every day. No longer have a problem removing from myself, which I think is down to the continued use if SolarOil - it took time to get my nails to a condition where the shellac would just slide off in the wrap. I'm guessing that most if my clients don't use it as religiously as me and/or need to build up like I did.

Having the pump dispenser for the wraps also seemed to help and like Maz says, wrap in a warm towel, as this also helps.

From a purely logical perspective (not scientific), I can only imagine my nails were very porous and in poor condition - didn't do my nails before - and the shellac would stick like glue to them.

Just my experience. There is another thread on here with great advice - if I can find it, I'll post the link.

Good luck x

Seeing, capturing, creating & presenting beauty

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Top tips for removal as I do it.

First really explain about solar oil to your client, I did a little trial... 1 person not using solar oil, 1 person using solar oil twice a day.. Both wore shellac for 2 weeks, both wore same colour, same application, removed same day... The one using solar oil slid straight off no probs, just needed a soaked pad to wipe nail firmly, other was slightly trickier and took longer. Solar oil really does help its not a gimmick. So let them know it is important.

Secondly soak the wrap and it must go firmly touching whole of the nail, I find the wraps ok for short nails, but I personally prefer foil and 1/2 cosmetic flat pads, I soak the pad, place on foil, place finger and then wrap, adding a tiny band to keep foil in place tho this is just my choice. Once on I give a gentle squeeze so you know its tight to the nail, If the clients hands are cold or you feel to be beneficial add warm wheat bags or towels this will help too.

Wait your allotted time, depending on type of remover and whether brisa lute smoothing gel is on too and then, turn wrap sideways a few time, rubbing the nail and then pull of, then rub with a soaked pad firmly and it should all be off. There are some vids on my Facebook showing this.

Never buff the nail to break the seal beforehand this is not needed with shellac.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 205
Great tips from Maz, she's really good - first hand experience ;)

Here's the thread I was talking about...

http://www.salongeek.com/showthread.php?t=221154

Seeing, capturing, creating & presenting beauty

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

You have to etch the shine off your shellac before soaking off ! Just use your file to break the seal and remove the shine, gel polish should only take minutes to remove ! Xx

No and no!!

You definately do not need to etch or break any seal.
Shellac isnt a gel! :eek:

Latest posts

Back