CND Shellac polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gel gal

Reaction score
hi everyone, i'm new to this forum so many thanks in advance for all your help!!!
Im currently introducing CND Shellac to my collection and struggle to understand the procedure!!
I mostly use Semilac products which I love but wanted to add CND Shellac to my collection.
I trained with Sugar Dolls and qualified as a Gel NailTech about a year ago and love it.
Can you advise me it I am doingCND Shellac correctly.
1. File and clean nail
2. Primer
3. base coat
4. polish
5. Top Coat
Can you use Brisa bond and brisa Gel with Shellac colour coat???
Im so confused

hi everyone, i'm new to this forum so many thanks in advance for all your help!!!
Im currently introducing CND Shellac to my collection and struggle to understand the procedure!!
I mostly use Semilac products which I love but wanted to add CND Shellac to my collection.
I trained with Sugar Dolls and qualified as a Gel NailTech about a year ago and love it.
Can you advise me it I am doingCND Shellac correctly.
1. File and clean nail
2. Primer
3. base coat
4. polish
5. Top Coat
Can you use Brisa bond and brisa Gel with Shellac colour coat???
Im so confused

I'd recommend a conversion class with CND via SweetSquared (if you are in the UK) - its specifically designed to assist those moving from a different brand to CND.

On natural nails: Prep nail, 1 coat base coat & cure 10 seconds, 2 colour coats (curing between coats), top coat. Not sure which lamp you use but the Brisa lamp is designed for Shellac curing with different presets for each the base, colour and top coat.

On enhancements: Apply to inhibition layer of gel (no shellac base coat needed, just apply colour to the tacky layer.) I do 2 coats of colour then the Shellac top coat.

On my own nail, if I get sick of the colour or want it freshened up, I’ll buff the colour off and reapply colour. In this case I would buff the colour off the enhancement, cleanse it, and apply colour coats then top coat. Someone may correct me but I don’t use the base coat here as I buff/ drill it off anyway.

Latest posts

Back