CND Shellac Question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeautyRoomClinic

Reaction score
hi guys just a quick question hope someone can confirm for me, I use CND Shellac in my clinic/salon I have just been on facebook and a very well established beauty salon of over 20 years Is advertising that they do colour changing Shellac and advertising it as Shellac I'm just clarifying that Shellac do not do colour changing polishes or have I missed something thanks x

hi guys just a quick question hope someone can confirm for me, I use CND Shellac in my clinic/salon I have just been on facebook and a very well established beauty salon of over 20 years Is advertising that they do colour changing Shellac and advertising it as Shellac I'm just clarifying that Shellac do not do colour changing polishes or have I missed something thanks x

You haven't missed anything. They don't do a colour changing shellac.
Probably blue sky or something from eBay at a guess x

CND don't do a colour changing shellac, probably BlueSky x

Id love to write below the post "sorry you must be mistaken as Genuine CND Shellac does not do colour changing polishes" or even write something on my own page in a professional way but don't want to cause any cat fights as I do have respect for this salon but when I seen the post my heart sank

I had a client in not so long ago who swore blind shed had colour changing shellac. I told her cnd didnt do a colour changing so she said it was in a bottle saying shellac. There was no telling her 😔

If you email me the link I'm happy to bring it to the attention of CND ;)
FingerNailFixer at hotmail

I will pm you a link to the fb page, thanks :)

U can layer shellac with certain colours to change colours (ie red&blue makes purple, tropix&yellow makes orange, etc...) or use Cnd shellac additives to change shellac colours.
I use these on a regular basis but other than that u can't buy a colour changing shellac colour

I totally sympathise with you regarding the highly irritating tacky cheap salons and therapists that constantly post shellac nails when its clearing a cheap knock off ebay version. I always believe in quality treatments , quality products , excellent customer service and consistency . So when you see a salon/therapist/technician advertising £10 shellac nails you kind of know that its a cheap version that will lift and chip after a couple f days. I am so glad someone has mentioned this as its a debate i have been having with a friend that owns a hair salon but rents the nail bar and allows her so called technician to use the word shellac when she is using NSI gel polish ( Awful stuff)

I totally sympathise with you regarding the highly irritating tacky cheap salons and therapists that constantly post shellac nails when its clearing a cheap knock off ebay version. I always believe in quality treatments , quality products , excellent customer service and consistency . So when you see a salon/therapist/technician advertising £10 shellac nails you kind of know that its a cheap version that will lift and chip after a couple f days. I am so glad someone has mentioned this as its a debate i have been having with a friend that owns a hair salon but rents the nail bar and allows her so called technician to use the word shellac when she is using NSI gel polish ( Awful stuff)

I've had the same prob with my mother in law who doesn't live nearby so gets her nails done elsewhere. She told me she gets shellac & the tech files it off! I said she needs to check its def shellac as don't need to buff it off. She checked with the tech who told her it was ibd shellac !! I told mum in law there's no such thing & the word shellac gets added to alot of gels to make them sound more professional than they are . Really gets on my wick!!

Quite a few salons around my area advertise "shellac" for £10 and a friend of my Mother in Law posted on FB that "her daughter now does shellac £12 for hands & toes how cheap is that!" (that was her actual post plus the picture to go along with the post was a colour wheel and the colours weren't shellac colours)
but sure nothing I can do apart from ignore it and educate my own clients about Genuine CND Shellac x

Le Chat do a mood (colour changing) gel/uv polish, and Le Chat is a trade/professional brand. It could be that they are using that, but that doesn't explain the 'shellac' tag???

Le Chat do a mood (colour changing) gel/uv polish, and Le Chat is a trade/professional brand. It could be that they are using that, but that doesn't explain the 'shellac' tag???

they are openly advertising it as shellac x

No LeChat aren't advertising it as Shellac x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I think OP meant the salon are advertising Le Chat or other brand to be Shellac :)

I think OP meant the salon are advertising Le Chat or other brand to be Shellac :)

That's exactly what I ment :)
sorry LittleTinker for the confusion x

It's bluesky... the bottles even look the same. I've had clients swear to me that it's the same "Shellac" in the same bottle!
I bought these for myself and don't dare use them on clients! REALLY! For many reasons that have already been mentioned. This isn't what the thread is about... I just wanted to point that out.
Note the AUTHENTIC CND bottle, Old Bluesky bottle with Shellac on it and more recent Bluesky bottle with the shiny sticker on the lid that says "Color Change".

Attachments

• IMG_0607.JPG
    IMG_0607.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 101

Latest posts

Back