CND Shellac-which colour for French?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misslelly2020

Reaction score
During my training we used Romantique but I really don't like it much, I find it looks a bit milky and it gives an inconsistent effect. I would like a natural pale pink, was thinking maybe beau? Just wondering what all you lovely nail geeks use?

Beau is my favourite for French with cream puff

If they like a less bright white I put beau over the white instead of under

Beau is my favourite for French with cream puff

If they like a less bright white I put beau over the white instead of under

Thanks for the reply, I was thinking Beau but then get side tracked with so many colours

A second vote for beau! Also love a bit of grapefruit sparkle for a slightly glittery French or clearly pink!

A second vote for beau! Also love a bit of grapefruit sparkle for a slightly glittery French or clearly pink!

Oh my! I've been literally lost in the world of glitter for the last few hours mesmerised by all the sparkles, never even thought of adding some sparkle to a simple French! Thank you! Xx

If you just want a sparkly base I'll put that on first then do my French then clear, or if you want to make the white a bit more suitable I'll sandwich it between 2 coats before I top coat xx

Romantique is a tricky one to apply and can be hit and miss depending on skin tone! I've learned to love it now but last week I knew it wouldn't work for a client who needed a pinker colour so I did one coat fragrant freesia and one coat clearly pink and it looked really nice. And I always use cream puff for the white

Another vote for beau & grapefruit sparkle if they want a bit of glitter

Agree romsntique is hit or miss, and a pain to apply - I discontinued that colour actually as IMHO there are far nicer

Another vote for Beau with cream puff.
Ice vapour on the tips for a bit of sparkle?

Thanks everyone, off to order them now x

Negligee everytime, in Shellac and Vinylux, used it for years, it's perfect on all skin tones, and has been one of CND's best sellers for over 15 years I believe

Beau & negligee look the same on me. I do prefer studio white to cream puff.

I'm going to have a go with romantique again but warm it inbetween my legs to see if it goes on better.

I like studio white with clearly pink. Very natural looking.

Negligee everytime, in Shellac and Vinylux, used it for years, it's perfect on all skin tones, and has been one of CND's best sellers for over 15 years I believe

So for me :). For me and most of my clients the nicest combo for French. We love the beautyful milky shimmering colour.

Romantique - such a nice colour and so dreadful to aply on natural nails. No chance to do it nice if there are ridges or other irregularities.
I use this colour layering with Beau. Beau is concealing the streakyness of Romantique.

Cream puff or studio white with beau or grapefruit sparkle [emoji4]

I use negligee and studio white. It looks really classy

Latest posts

Back