CND Spa Manicure - when do you massage & buff?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsR

Reaction score
For teh CND Spa Manicure I wondered when people massage and in what order you do things say for a natural nail buffed finish. In red is the bit I struggle with order wise as if I was using varnish I could scrubfresh the nail before place the different coats on, scrub freshing them obviously getting rid of the oils from the massage but on a natural nail buff I get muddled! If I did the buffing first and left the massage last would that work and would the nails still have the buffed shine?

For me I am still trying to get to grips with what works the best way round, at the moment I do it in this order:-

Cuticle work
Shape the nails
Massage
Solar oil on nails and buff in
Then buff nail up to a nice shine

Sorry I so confuse myself with it. Hope I've made sense!

Don't worry Nikki, once you have done it in the right order a few times, you will find it becomes second nature. This is the order I would do a standard manicure in...

Apply Cuticle eraser
File and shape with Kanga
Apply solar oil
Massage oil and eraser into nail and cuticles
Buff in to nail plate with smooth side of Koala
Massage with preferred lotion
A light Scrubfresh to remove surface oils
Base, enamel, top coat

If using CND Spa products, follow the same routine but before the massage, apply exfoliator then activator as recommended, then massage, etc.

Some people do use Cuticleaway and not Eraser, but I prefer to keep that for enhancements.

HTH

...oh, and don't forget your Solar Speed Spray a minute after applying top coat of your choice (mine's Air Dry at the moment).:)

Thanks so much hun, if you aren't using a varnish and the person just wants a natural shine with a glossing buffer would you still use the scrub fresh lightly to get rid of the oils from the Spa massage products to get rid of the oils before you buffed?

Thanks so much hun, if you aren't using a varnish and the person just wants a natural shine with a glossing buffer would you still use the scrub fresh lightly to get rid of the oils from the Spa massage products to get rid of the oils before you buffed?

yes scrubfresh the nails as the nails wont shine up with oils on the nail plate with the glossing buffers and it will ruin the buffer

hth xxxxx

Latest posts

Back