CND UV lamp fault help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
HI
Just wondered if anyone else had a simular fault,
I got my lamp from sweet squared just over a year ago so now out of warrenty,
When i switch the lamp on it has started to make a loud humming noise but only on the first time i put it on, if i leave it a few minutes i try again it's normal no unusual noise, then if i unplug and try a few hours later the noise returns again but only for the first cure, if i leave the lamp plugged in and switched on the noise doesn't appear again until i unplug and leave it for a while.
It appears to be curing fine, as shellac my own nails not a problem.
Anyone else experienced this or know where i can have it repaired?

I would invest in a 2nd lamp asap for back up and when it arrives, have your other lamp checked out by an electrician. I don't now the extent of your business but If you can do without it then get it checked out. Components don't last forever, but thankfully this is not a problem with a significant amount of the lamps from CND but others have experienced it as you will see if you do a search using the site search engine. x

From where did you purchase the lamp?

I got it from sweet squared, i did call them and was told to change my bulbs and ensure i have reset to see if this sorts the problem out but it didn't at all

Sometimes the fan can make a noisy. Try vacuuming the vent, dust accumulates as air is sucked in via the back, hence dust will also find its way in there xxx HTH XXX

Thank you shall give it a try, i do work within a hair salon so is possible dust/hair getting in there.
I called sweet squared again yesterday and was told it was the fan warming up as the lady i spoke too said hers is exactly the same, i've decided to get the lamp pat tested to ensure no faulty that shall harm my clients/me.
Thanks all for your help.

Latest posts

Back