Coconut oil?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lila22

Reaction score
After reading great reviews on coconut oil for hair I've bought some but not sure best way to use it?
It just said apply to hair?
Do I use instead of conditioner or use as a hair mask?
Do you heat it up?
Sorry if I sound silly just looked on here and can't find info I need. Thanks xx ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1403125281.959158.jpg

Hi Chick - the coconut oil I bought was solid. I just scooped some up in my hand and it melted pretty much straight away. I massage it through dry hair and comb through and leave. Sometimes I put a towel on my head and leave overnight. I find that I need to shampoo my hair twice to wash it out but I don't need conditioner. Not sure if that's any help ;) x

Hi Chick - the coconut oil I bought was solid. I just scooped some up in my hand and it melted pretty much straight away. I massage it through dry hair and comb through and leave. Sometimes I put a towel on my head and leave overnight. I find that I need to shampoo my hair twice to wash it out but I don't need conditioner. Not sure if that's any help ;) x

That's how I use it too. I also use it to moisturise my legs. Just rub a little on in the mornings after a shower.

I get mine from Tesco. £2.65 for 500 gr

Ah fab thanks ladies, since going blonde in need a good treatment so I can't wait to see if this helps.
Will try on my legs to :) xxx

Ah fab thanks ladies, since going blonde in need a good treatment so I can't wait to see if this helps.
Will try on my legs to :) xxx

I put some in my bath and me skin feels so hydrated ( especially after sunburn lol ) x

I use it in Indian Head Massage. The stuff is awesome! It is fantastic for eczema, too. Best brand I've found is Fushi. You can buy it on amazon.

Thanks you ladies, I put some on my legs last night and wow! Silky smooth already, can't wait for my hair to get results. Will take a look on amazon xx

Husband: you smell of coconut
Me: I'm Bounty ....

Husband: you smell of coconut
Me: I'm Bounty ....

Me too im always covered in the stuff and now im eating it on toast intend of butter. I love it

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back