Cold gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammi010

Reaction score
I am still quite new to nails and I really thought I was improving till last night.

I put a full set of tips using NSI balance gel on Sunday and by last night three had cracked across the tip and come of completely and two others had started to crack from the side. The gel that was left on the nails below where they had snapped was fine i.e. no lifting. I used natural tips and blended them well.

The only thing I can think of was that my stuff had been in the car for a while and so the gel was quite cold could this be the cause of the problem?

Thanks.

Hi,
I wonder if the problem was with the apex. A problem i'm still working on myself!
I think that if you build up that area your problems will be solved, as this is the area most vunerable to cracks & damage if not built up enough. If you do a search on apex placement you'll get some good tips.
HTH

being in the cold doesn't help either though!!

almost certainly the apex if they are going at the tip. lots of people think you can apply gel in a polish style application, in fact i have seen this used as a selling point. but like any system you really must build the stress area to make a durable nail.

Thanks for your replies, I am replacing the broken ones tonight so will pay particular attention to my apexs.

I've been trawling through other threads today and I read that you shouldn't get scrubfresh on the tips as this will lead to them cracking, I'm quite sure I let nail pure (which I assume is the NSI equivalent) come into contact with the tips which probably hasn't helped.

I also read about doing the first part of the cure with the nails upside down to encourage an apex, does anyone do this and does it help?

Latest posts

Back