College vs Company Training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geekling

Reaction score
Hello geeks,

I'm just after abit of advice from you really, I'm currently finishing my Level 3 beauty therapy. My main interest is nails, especially enhancements.

We did gel enhancement on my level 2 course, but the training wasn't great, I then went on to pay and complete a brisa gel conversion course (I should have done the main training!)

I'm now completely stuck with what to do, CND don't have a educator near me, so if I do any more training it costs me a fortune just to get there.

I'm contemplating going back to college and studying Level 3 nails, although I'm not sure if I'm even up to scratch enough to manage that! Level 3 will also include acrylics.

What do you geeks think would be best? Any thoughts appreciated!

I really feel stuck in a rut!

Thanks in advance! Xx

I did nvq 2&3 in collage but I live the training that comes with companies Cnd are incredible I have just come back from the event on a high they do the complete course which does everything to do with nails
Don't write off your training in collage as it will open many doors but company's training is also just as important

Thanks Hun, they certainly are I did my shellac training & brisa convert and loved both, I just still don't feel confident doing them!! I think I will weigh up the costs of college (as I will have to pay now as t will be my 2nd level 3) against the cost of doing the CND complete as I feel I need to go back to basics even back to polishing and see how it will work out....xxx

Any one else got any in put? Xx

With nails it's all practice I was a wreak when i started out and I use to drive my educators mad I still do cos I want to be so good but u have to start some where work hard and believe in your self

Just keep practicing on friends and family till you feel confident. Everytime I do something new I am not confident for ages after. I don't want the comebacks so put extra pressure on myself .

With extra training tho - I do feel you pick up little tips and tricks that really help with day to day treatments.

Good luck
x

Thanks, yes maybe I just need to practice more, I feel unworthy as friends/family seem to expect you to be able to do it right away xx

Latest posts

Back