Color Question!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cacacourtney

Reaction score
Majirel is new to me. i did a majirel 7n on the roots, turned out great and now my client wants it to be pulled threw her hair and the ends are hilighted around a level 9ish.. so if i put the loreal majirel 7n on her ends is it going to turn green? thats what someone told me or should i use someting besides 7n?

Majirel requires pre-pigmenting (colour-in) if the target shade is 3 or more shades lighter than the hair you're putting it on. So a 9 down to a 7 would only be 2 levels.

Also, majirel don't use letters in their colour numbers, so just a 7, not a 7n.

If you want to be doubley sure, contact their advice team.

Majirel is new to me. i did a majirel 7n on the roots, turned out great and now my client wants it to be pulled threw her hair and the ends are hilighted around a level 9ish.. so if i put the loreal majirel 7n on her ends is it going to turn green? thats what someone told me or should i use someting besides 7n?

Are you talking about goldwell as these are there shades 7n etc

i understand majirel doesnt run in letters.. but the boxes have letters too so i just worote that sorry.. i guess my question doesnt make sense.. i was just wondering is if a 7 will turn green on prelightened ends. but nevermind

I use loreal and not known of any colours to go green

Yes using Majirel number 7 on pre-lightned bleached hair may go slightly green.
I learned recently that a base 8 won't go green and will not need any pre-pigmentation because it is so light. But level 7 will probably need a slight copper pre-pig. The level 7 may also go slightly darker if used on very porous hair.

:biggrin:

or copper gold in richesse this is an 834 to re pig the ends then apply 7 richesses but again as was said if porous the 7 will grab so maybe some 8 mixed in too?

alright thank you also! i use paul mitchell soo this color line is way different to me. but thank you for help.

Yes using Majirel number 7 on pre-lightned bleached hair may go slightly green.
I learned recently that a base 8 won't go green and will not need any pre-pigmentation because it is so light. But level 7 will probably need a slight copper pre-pig. The level 7 may also go slightly darker if used on very porous hair.

:biggrin:
Completely agree. A level 7 can go slightly green. I've seen it look like dirty dishwater where it needed a little bit of a copper pre-pig. You could add a touch of 8.04. Just a touch.

thank you very much!

Latest posts

Back