Color Touch - semi or quasi?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimi1101

Reaction score
My junior is doing a project at college on quasi colour and she asked me what I used. I told her color touch.

She sent off her project and her lecturer told her that color touch is a semi? I checked the box and sure enough it says mildly oxidising semi permanent colour.

Was I taught wrong? I have always thought color touch was a quasi and color fresh was a semi.

My junior is doing a project at college on quasi colour and she asked me what I used. I told her color touch.

She sent off her project and her lecturer told her that color touch is a semi? I checked the box and sure enough it says mildly oxidising semi permanent colour.

Was I taught wrong? I have always thought color touch was a quasi and color fresh was a semi.
Wella have always maintained colour touch is a quasi whenever I have been to the academy , colour fresh is apparently a semi permanent , maybe ring wella direct ?

Wella have always maintained colour touch is a quasi whenever I have been to the academy , colour fresh is apparently a semi permanent , maybe ring wella direct ?

I trained at college three years ago and I agree with you they said to me that colour touch was a quasi but you use a low peroxide to mix with it and colour fresh you don't ? But what I've learnt coming on here is a Demi Permenant which I was never told of it amazes me what you find out here and learn x

It is a quasi as it's mixed with a developer
Colour fresh is a semi as it's applied straight from the bottle and unless another chemical service is applied (eg used as pre pig) will only last 3 washes max

This is the way I was tought but only ever used ct or coloursync

I trained at college three years ago and I agree with you they said to me that colour touch was a quasi but you use a low peroxide to mix with it and colour fresh you don't ? But what I've learnt coming on here is a Demi Permenant which I was never told of it amazes me what you find out here and learn x

I was told at college demi and quasi are the same!! If they are nit what's the difference???

Yes I was always taught that colour touch is a quasi too.

i finished my course this year and i was taught colour touch was a quasi.

I feel stupid asking

I was told at college demi and quasi are the same!! If they are nit what's the difference???

I haven't got a clue I would love to know lol x

I got taught at college 10 years ago that colour touch was a semi & colour fresh temporary! I use ct as a quasi though & still cf as temp x

I thought it went like this
Temporary colour. No peroxide or developer 1-7 washes
Semi up to 3% 28washes
Demi 3% to 6% lasts many washes and covers some grey?
When I was at college I'm sure I did semi as Wella colour touch and Demi as l'oreal dia colour temporary was colour fresh..was some years ago though

Semi up to 3% 28washes
When I was at college I'm sure I did semi as Wella colour touch and Demi as l'oreal dia colour temporary was colour fresh..was some years ago though

I'd go for a temporary being 1-2 washes like wella perfectos
A semi 6-12 washes Colour Fresh
Andy thing above a quasi (colour touch with 1.9% or 4%) as your mixing an oxidant with a colour so even if it 'washes' out you have chemically altered the the hair?

Confusing!?

We use Wella at our college: Everyone on here is right!

Color Touch is Quasi and lasts 12-24 washes (depending on peroxide used / wet or dry application)

Color Fresh is Semi (6-8 washes and no developer)
We were told the definition of temporary color is one wash and its gone... hair mascara, color sprays etc....

Semi up to 3% 28washes

That's also what I was taught x

I was taught 12-13 years ago that color touch was a quasi mixed with low developer and last 12 weeks!! It doesn't grow out, it fades out. Color fresh is a semi an lasts 6-8 washes an a Demi would be color mousse or mascara an last 1-2 washes, better off calling Wella to make sure lol :)

Everyone seems to have a different definition, colour touch doesn't wash out completely well not in my experience, I have clients who come in every 6-8-10 weeks for a feshen up and the colour touch might have faded but it by all means hasn't 'washed' out.

:)

I was taught that a TRUE semi doesnt have to be mixed with developer..so I would say color touch is a quasi.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

A temporary colour could be a colour hairspray or hair mascara or colour mousse

A semi is paintbox, crazy colour or colour fresh

A quasi/Demi is mixed with a low peroxide like colour touch

A permanent is when you can lift and deposit colour like Koleston etc

All very confusing! Wait til someone asks about molecules xx

Latest posts

Back