Colored Acrylic...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

remember_nomore

Reaction score
Wow, I've been reading this board since April when I started school and this is my first post...pardon me while I hide. lol. :suprised:

Anyway, I was wondering how all of you seasoned nail gals have worked with this problem. A lot of nail sets that I do are all custom blended acrylic colors/glitters and the like. A few of my clients are the 'club' crowd and come to my table Friday morning with their party dress in toe asking me to 'match this' and by Tuesday of that week they've either popped them off [which I shun every time!] or come in for a soak.

While I've no problem with those types of clients I was curious how you would go about changing the colors with each sitting. I have a few clients that I change their smile line monthly and as the set grows the color gradually changes.

So my question is how exactly do you change from color to color with acrylic and glitter tips? My orig. application method is the selected acrylic over a clear tip in case anyone was wondering/asking.

I am really hoping I'm making some sort of logic here. I blame it on my sudden post holiday down mood and the fact that I have a ton of acrylic and art supplies and not one idea sticking for my next set of nails. :eek:!!

Welcome to the site hunny, don't go and hide :hug:

when i do colours or glitters on a clear tip i put a thin layer of clear acrylic down first then my colour or glitter,
when they want to change the colour i file it down till i get to the clear acrylic and apply the new colour with no staining from the last colour and no need to remove the tips hth

I do exactly the same as Louise.:)

hi I do the same as louise with Gel.. Havent used acrylic colours yet... xx

me too ... best way :)

Latest posts

Back