Colostomy Stoma - Spray Tan?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glitz

Reaction score
Hi geeks I have been asked to spray a lady this Friday who has a Stoma (12 months ago) and is currently undergoing Chemo. She said her consultant has said it is ok for her to have a tan. I asked for a letter to confirm for my records. I have just txt her to make sure everything is in order and she is still up to it and she has forgotten to get me a letter, What is your advice on this? If I go ahead she would obviously needs to cover the stoma.

Her stoma will be covered by the stoma bag,
she must keep the bag on to protect the stoma area (my mum had one of these) from the tan solution,
I'm guessing that she will only bothered about the rest of her body been perfectly tanned anyway so wont mind too much that she will have an area on the side of her belly that will still be white,
you are fine to spray someone on chemo, a lot of the health carers will encourage it as it will make her feel good about herself,
depending on how it is affecting her hormones there is a small chance it may either be a paler result than it would be usually or it may go a bit patchy, hth :hug:

Thank you so much, so the letter isnt that important. xxx

Get her to sign a disclaimer to just to cover yourself but everything should be fine,
i wouldnt worry about spraying her, hth

this will not be a problem at all. It really is not necessary for a medical note. She will keep her bag on which will protect the area. It is not a sterile area, so you will not be putting her at any risk, rest assured.

Latest posts

Back