Colour advice please going red

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cezziebear

Reaction score
hi

i've just started a bit of mobile mainly cutting an the odd perm, now i've been asked about doing colours which is great, but in my salon we used matrix but thats a 40 mile trip to pick up some colours, however there is warehouse much closer but they stock wella, loreal etc as i've never used these colours i'm unsure so i though i'd try one on myself first i want to go red i usually use a 4m depending what we had in :lol: my natuarl base is about 3/4 what would be the best colour to put on i'd like a nice red with the dept of a 4/5 if tha makes sense... thought i'd try a colour on myself first before i try it on paying customers i'm sure they are fab its just i'm nervous as i've never used these an theres a lot of choice :rolleyes:

any advice be great thanks x x x x

wella have a fab website and you can actually get a colour chart up on the computer, it depends on how vibrant you want it and what sort of undertones - but as with all red colour you have to be careful of the old root glow!

i use wella but am not a fan of the reds ,, if you want it vibrant i find they are quite orangey.:rolleyes:
i like loreol reds.. again check the web they ahve an online colour chart have you tried maji-contrast?
x

yes, they definately vear towards copper , but the darker ones should be ok ,unless its on damaged or light hair - i remember my 3.66 plum used to go pink on my babyhair!

hi thanks for the advice

when i've used the matrix colour on my hair before i used a 3rv but i mixed it with a 3n so it helped with old regrowth and i wanted to go down a shade, would this apply to the wella or loreal colours that i'd need to add a base as i want to take it darker sorry if this a stupid question i don want it to look a gone wrong home job :rolleyes: i'm going off the reds more to a violet red now i've had this be4 an it looked ok lol

hey, ive worked with many colour brands and to be honest not many reds stay vibrant or deep no matter how much you look after in and out of any salon brands ive found that the live colours by swapskof (or however ya spell it) work the best to bring out a vibrant red without damaging in your hair like matrix colours do!! just becarefull not to overlap colour between touching yor roots up!! hope that helps!!:confused:x

yeah i'd put the base in for depth and eveness.... of course depending on the vibrancy you want?? does that make sense lol x

Latest posts

Back