Colour advice, please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aceflatie

Reaction score
Words of wisdom please!
My friend rings me is a panic last night. A few weeks ago she had a semi over her higlightnas she wanted to tone down. She went to a 6 but kept some blonde highlights. Last night she decided she wanted to go a bit lighter so she mixed a bleach bath with peroxide amd water. When she saw it lifting she paniced ad washed it off. She is now probably around a 8 with lots of warm ginger tones. She wants me to correct it by just taking out the ginger tones.
Shall I go straight for a toner, 10/8? Shall I try a bleach/shampoo/water first? Any advice?

Thankyou!!

Have you seen her hair yet? It could be patchy?

Hi

Luckily no its very even, just too orange for her!

going to go for wella 8/81 with 1.9% and watch closely.... just a bit worried as there are a few white blonde highlights through it... fingers crossed

Go for affinage 9.2 it will work wonders, but while your doing this make sure you charge extra because if she had come to you in the first place there wouldn't be this mess and second, educate her that she shouldn't be doing things like this herself. Where did she get the bleach and peroxide? Xoxo

Thank you for your response.
Took your advice and it actually didn't touch the orange, she still has a real copper glow to her hair. She has highlights through the top so I had to be a bit careful with the toner but I left it 20 mins and it made little difference if any..
Bit stumped now, I could run some more highlights through the top for her but she doesn't really want to go any lighter. Maybe I will need to add a semi to the rest of the head, something about a level 8 that will defiantely kill the copper tones, whilst her highlight packets are in..

Did u use 8/81?

no i used the 9.02.. i was worried the 8/81 might go too dark or turn the higlights purple, I am thinking maybe the 9.02 was too late.

sorry i meant light.

no i used the 9.02.. i was worried the 8/81 might go too dark or turn the higlights purple, I am thinking maybe the 9.02 was too late.

I would of personally of gone for 8/81 & try to avoid the highlights, then comb through for the last couple of minutes.
Or 9/60 in wella illumina is very good for orange tones x

9.2 in affinage.
Not sure what 9.02 is in wella but the affinage 9.2 is a beast with gold and copper xoxo

Why is she doing her own hair on the first place? Is she a hairdresser?

Latest posts

Back