Colour advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scarfgirl

Reaction score
Morning geeks, I'd like a bit of input please as to whether I'm going about this in the right way.......my client is the base of a 6 stroke 5 with about an inch or so of regrowth. The remainder is foiled with bleach and a high lift ash tint to create a clean blonde with as little warmth as possible. I want to take this down to about an 8 to create a more natural colour and so my clients regrowth isn't so obvious, she hates it when it starts to grow out. But also keep with the blonde theme. ...... My thoughts were either to use dialight 8/3 all over, dry it in and then foil with 9/3 but I was a bit worried about the regrowth, or should I simply start injecting some darks into the blonde to break it up, a 7/7 colour touch maybe foiled through to break up the blonde and then a warmer blonde too to begin the breakup process. Your thoughts please are muchly appreciated xxx

Wouldn't it make more sense to put the 9/3 in foils with the 8/3 on the rest rather than trying to lift freshly tinted hair? I would be safe and go with adding some darker bits through it. That way, if she's not keen it's easier to change. Xx

She's still going to have a really obvious regrowth and tint won't lift tint.

Yes that would make more sense!!! I know she will still have a bad regrowth but at least it won't be as bad as the one she has at the moment!!! I want to get her away from the bleached blonde look and get her looking a softer blonde eventually. I think I'll go with a 7/03 semi or a 7/7 in fine weaves and then maybe an 8/3 and 6% to add in another colour, a 9 nine prob won't look too different to what she has already.

Yes that would make more sense!!! I know she will still have a bad regrowth but at least it won't be as bad as the one she has at the moment!!! I want to get her away from the bleached blonde look and get her looking a softer blonde eventually. I think I'll go with a 7/03 semi or a 7/7 in fine weaves and then maybe an 8/3 and 6% to add in another colour, a 9 nine prob won't look too different to what she has already.

Does she actually want to go darker or is this a suggestion you've made?

She has asked to go a darker blonde and more natural looking, I have suggested it before but she liked the bright bleach look but now can't cope with her regrowth x

I would keep your formula as it is and add a lowlight to it. Meaning one bleach foil, one highlift and one lowlight.

After the whole head of foils has processed, tone the whole with an 8/3 to mute everything but not darken it all the way. Start the toning on her roots. It will just soften the difference between her regrowth and look beige/ash.

Thanks for the advise, I had decided today to go with my original plan of a lowlight and a very fine bleach and a high lift tint. Thanks for the 8/3 thought that's a great idea and will definitely tie it all in. Cheers x

Just a thought, 8/3 koleston with 6%? I can't use a pastel toner if I'm correct as that's only with the 10 and 9 lines.

Just a thought, 8/3 koleston with 6%? I can't use a pastel toner if I'm correct as that's only with the 10 and 9 lines.

You can totally use 8/3 with pastel

Ok will take your advise thanks, sorry for no reply I've been away for a week with no wifi

Latest posts

Back