Colour b4, cheeky clients and youtube made me a bit mad

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SarahW64

Reaction score
i had an email from a woman yesterday begging me to fix her hair she has been colouring her hair herself for the past 8 years id say a base 3 but the ends with the build up are virtually a base 1... she used colour b4 and apparently she doesnt want to leave the house and keeps crying... here was the funny part she asked me to do it for her and could she pay me in 2 months time im sorry im sympathetic but if you cant afford to have your hair done dont mess about with it ... i think not, also she said she had been watching youtube and sent me this link as was going ot do what this girl did... so as you do i took a look and couldnt believe the videos... she did 2 colour befores... then 2 xxl blonde then a toner and then she attepted to cut her hair?!.... i couldnt help but sharing the videos that i was shocked with

Bleaching My Hair XXL Live Platinum Blonde - YouTube

Cutting Bangs & Layers into my Hair - YouTube

I hate people that do that to you fair enough I have never had someone ask to hand it in 2 months later. We have a client who comes in almost everyday asking for a blow dry for free erm no

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

serious? do they not get the hint? lol i couldnt quite believe it myself when she said it lol i feel sorry for her but im not doing a freebie xx :D

Omg I carnt belive this video :-/ x

Oh my god cant believe she still put the video on after it went bright orange! This just shows how easy ppl think it is and how easily it can go wrong!!

Omg! Crazy video xx

Do you reckon the woman in the video practises that pout in the mirror.:lol:

Why would you copy a vid where the person in it admits her hair looks like a wig, looks cr@p and doesnt think they'll be keeping the colour?

Why would you copy a you tube video at all? - but definitely not this one!

Last edited:
This is why i hate Scott Cornwall. He's not professional at all.
Maybe this will be a hard lesson as to not mess with her own hair when she can't afford the repair. X

i was horrified with her videos but i couldnt stop watching... sounds a bit silly but i watched them a bit on edge like i watch a horror film :eek: lol xx

WOW!! Those videos should be entitled "how to mess up your hair in one video"!! What is she actually thinking!?! People like her are encouraging others to think it's ok to mess with their hair like that. I understand that some people might not be able to afford to have colours done properly, but A) surely they could call into their local salon and at least ask for advice on a shade at least or something & B) by the time they've bought all this crap for their hair to turn it bright orange, it would probably cost less to have it done at a salon in the first place!! Lol. Crazy!!! X

I think I watched both those videos with my jaw on the floor! I was literally gobsmacked and I know anyone can post videos but this is promoting entirely incorrect information! How could she put that on youtube!!

DISGRACEFUL!!!!

I have been on her side of the tutorial wall before but when I made my videos I would state that I am not qualified (still in training as we speak) and that they should always consult a professional.

But just to double check. Did she bleach twice in one day without really knowing the product or am I imagining that?

I feel a bit ill after watching that! I particularly like the way the kitchen scissors don't actually cut they just kind of chew at it and also how she closes her eyes when using the thinning scissors - this is a new technique to me, I may try that one on clients - 'hello madam, today I will be cutting your hair with my eyes closed' :irked: and also the fruit salad chew look, yellow and orange today madam?

I think I watched both those videos with my jaw on the floor! I was literally gobsmacked and I know anyone can post videos but this is promoting entirely incorrect information! How could she put that on youtube!!

DISGRACEFUL!!!!

glad I'm not the only one except I was holding a pillow just in case lol xx

I have been on her side of the tutorial wall before but when I made my videos I would state that I am not qualified (still in training as we speak) and that they should always consult a professional.

But just to double check. Did she bleach twice in one day without really knowing the product or am I imagining that?

No no your correct 2 lots
She did 2 lots of colour b 4 the day before aswell as well x

I feel a bit ill after watching that! I particularly like the way the kitchen scissors don't actually cut they just kind of chew at it and also how she closes her eyes when using the thinning scissors - this is a new technique to me, I may try that one on clients - 'hello madam, today I will be cutting your hair with my eyes closed' :irked: and also the fruit salad chew look, yellow and orange today madam?
Haha it's the new way to do it and fruit salad looks very in at the mo :D lol im just dreading seeing this clients hair at ends of week to see if there's anything I can do.... :| xx

I love where she says her hair isn't in bad condition. Hmmmm ok if you say so love.

Absolutely shocking.

Oh and I'm a bit miffed that I've spent loads on scissors and all I needed was kitchen scissors

Oh and I'm a bit miffed that I've spent loads on scissors and all I needed was kitchen scissors

haha i know im a leftie so always spend huge amounts on scissors and who new i probably could hve jut got the leftie kids scissors ?? lol and i was thinking shave off and start again when she said it was in good condition... lol xx

Haha that fringe looks so awful?!

Latest posts

Back