Colour B4, what do pros think about this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missy106

Reaction score
I know its a OTC product, but ive seen a lot of pros on here saying the use it. What is everyones opinion on this. Ive seen it been used but never used it myself. I use effasor.

Never used it but was talking to one of my mentors this week (whom I would consider on one of the top colourists in the uk) about removers, he uses colorb4 and the goldwell one.

No first hand experience tho x
Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

I used it and would not recommend at all! My hair took a year to get back to its original condition and did not strip to my natural colour! Stripped to a ginger colour! I'm mousy brown xx

You are not gonna get a positive response about this cack on a forum of professionals. If you do then I will worry about humanity

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I used it and would not recommend at all! My hair took a year to get back to its original condition and did not strip to my natural colour! Stripped to a ginger colour! I'm mousy brown xx

And do you understand why this is?

You are not gonna get a positive response about this cack on a forum of professionals. If you do then I will worry about humanity

Im just wondering why some professionals have started using this. People may be afraid to admit it on here due to the backlash they will receive, but im telling you more and more people are using this product.

Never used it but was talking to one of my mentors this week (whom I would consider on one of the top colourists in the uk) about removers, he uses colorb4 and the goldwell one.

No first hand experience tho x
Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app
Yes adam ive heard of some top people in the business using this and thats why i started the thread.

Not here to argue with anyone by the way lol. X

And do you understand why this is?

Well I'm not a hairdresser just used the product at home.

Im just wondering why some professionals have started using this. People may be afraid to admit it on here due to the backlash they will receive, but im telling you more and more people are using this product.

I have seen people with hair snapped off at the roots from this stuff. With hair so damaged I am unable to do anything but give them a hair care plan.
If we start using OTC colour "removers" then we may as well start sending all our clients to Yorkshire Trading or wilkos and hang up out tint brushes along with our professional integrity

Well I'm not a hairdresser just used the product at home.

Which is exactly why it shouldn't be in the shelves :)

I would not recommend, if someone asked me I'd say go to hairdressers to get your hair stripped!
My hair was horrible! Like I said took a whole year to get done shine/gloss back in it!
Awful stuff. X

Katie prices' colourist uses it on her.... That's all I'm sayin!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Sent from my GT-I8190 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm from beauty side but this was recommended to me by a hairdresser I used to work with, I think they were told at college to use it because it wasn't as harsh on the hair as a bleach bath! I used to change my colour a lot so I've used this maybe 3 times, I had it bleach bathed by the hairdressers a few times before that, my hair is like straw but to be fair it was always very dry! I'm still very bad to my hair with colouring, I do it at home now and it grows like mad so dye it every 4 weeks or so!

Amanda xx

I'm from beauty side but this was recommended to me by a hairdresser I used to work with, I think they were told at college to use it because it wasn't as harsh on the hair as a bleach bath! I used to change my colour a lot so I've used this maybe 3 times, I had it bleach bathed by the hairdressers a few times before that, my hair is like straw but to be fair it was always very dry! I'm still very bad to my hair with colouring, I do it at home now and it grows like mad so dye it every 4 weeks or so!

Amanda xx

Maybe she didn't know that there are professional products available which do the same but more effectively and no damage?

I really disagree with professionals using it. Well, I disagree with every colour product you can get OTC but that's not the point haha. I agree with NearlyMe, if we as professionals start using OTC colour removers, we might as well give it up and let clients become their own hairdresser.

Can I just remind people of the site rules....which include NOT recommending Over The Counter products, as it is unprofessional.

This particular product has never been recommended by professionals on here, and any threads about it our Pros are always posting dire warnings and accounts of the damage it does to hair condition.

I don't see anywhere that this thread can go....other than to chit chat!

Maybe she didn't know that there are professional products available which do the same but more effectively and no damage?

Yea I had started doing it at home even when I still worked there, my mum used to do hairdressing so she puts it on for me so that it's really just the roots! You'll all be horrified but I use an xxl luminance colour (ultra violet) for my roots, then crazy colour in cyclamen all over, it's a pretty cool colour but I love it!

Amanda xx

HELLO!

This is Hair Geek a professional Forum...for Hair Professionals.

Could non professionals refrain from giving any advice, what with them not being. Professionals ;)

Can't believe what I'm reading here.
1. This is the hair forum (no non hairdressers are permitted to post, remember the 'I'm not a hair geek but' sticky?) we are meant to be professional hairdressers, and not use cack out of superdrug.
2. Reductors are not less damaging than oxidants. It's a complete myth, and anyone with a minute amount of decent training would know that.
3. Reductor a are more limited than oxidants as they simply shrink pigment molecules. If the target shade is more than one level above natural base, you'd need an oxidant afterwards. Using the two one after another is seriously dangerous. Put a pair of goggles on and mix the two in a bowl, and see the rather smoky reaction.

I despair of this forum at times.

Latest posts

Back