Colour B4, what do pros think about this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea I had started doing it at home even when I still worked there, my mum used to do hairdressing so she puts it on for me so that it's really just the roots! You'll all be horrified but I use an xxl luminance colour (ultra violet) for my roots, then crazy colour in cyclamen all over, it's a pretty cool colour but I love it!

Amanda xx

Great till you tire of it and try to change it..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

HELLO!

This is Hair Geek a professional Forum...for Hair Professionals.

Could non professionals refrain from giving any advice, what with them not being. Professionals ;)

Thank you very much for your backing on this x

Can't believe what I'm reading here.
1. This is the hair forum (no non hairdressers are permitted to post, remember the 'I'm not a hair geek but' sticky?) we are meant to be professional hairdressers, and not use cack out of superdrug.
2. Reductors are not less damaging than oxidants. It's a complete myth, and anyone with a minute amount of decent training would know that.
3. Reductor a are more limited than oxidants as they simply shrink pigment molecules. If the target shade is more than one level above natural base, you'd need an oxidant afterwards. Using the two one after another is seriously dangerous. Put a pair of goggles on and mix the two in a bowl, and see the rather smoky reaction.

I despair of this forum at times.

No need to despair, plenty posts have already told the OP that the product she mentions is not recommended by professionals and reasons given why.
All in all the message has come over loud and clear that this OTC product is to be avoided.

No need to despair, plenty posts have already told the OP that the product she mentions is not recommended by professionals and reasons given why.
All in all the message has come over loud and clear that this OTC product is to be avoided.

Oh I'm soooo sorry. Would you prefer me to delete my post? Seeing as you saw fit to single it out?
At least I was able to give a bit of technical info as to why the original statements were incorrect. Or is that the bit that bothers you?

I know it's going to be a nightmare!

And can I just state that I said in my first post that I was not a hairdresser and was only saying that I had used the product and that my hair is now like straw! I was not recommending anything as it's not my field I was just telling my experience of it, I don't even tell people what colour my hair is when they ask because I know that hair professionals think them colours are the pits, sorry if I annoyed anyone I'll keep my experiences and opinions to myself from now on 😱

Amanda xx

Sorry all,I should not of made a comment as not a hair geek, just seen the heading and wanted to say how bad it was! :( xx

Oh I'm soooo sorry. Would you prefer me to delete my post? Seeing as you saw fit to single it out?
At least I was able to give a bit of technical info as to why the original statements were incorrect. Or is that the bit that bothers you?

You say singled out...I say answered.......all factual information is welcomed on our forums therefore it certainly does not bother me :)

I know it's going to be a nightmare!

And can I just state that I said in my first post that I was not a hairdresser and was only saying that I had used the product and that my hair is now like straw! I was not recommending anything as it's not my field I was just telling my experience of it, I don't even tell people what colour my hair is when they ask because I know that hair professionals think them colours are the pits, sorry if I annoyed anyone I'll keep my experiences and opinions to myself from now on 😱

Amanda xx

I think you SHOULD tell people what you use and You should reiterate that your hair is in poot condition

Can't believe what I'm reading here.

2. Reductors are not less damaging than oxidants. It's a complete myth, and anyone with a minute amount of decent training would know that.

I despair of this forum at times.

A bit harsh! I disagree totally ..... 15 years experiences 2 colour masters and a heap of on going training ....I'm allowed to disagree with that offensive statement!

I think you SHOULD tell people what you use and You should reiterate that your hair is in poot condition

Maybe you are right but I have a feeling that the girls that have asked me wouldn't care, anyhow I'm out of here before I get lynched for commenting where I'm not allowed 😬

Amanda xx

A bit harsh! I disagree totally ..... 15 years experiences 2 colour masters and a heap of on going training ....I'm allowed to disagree with that offensive statement!

I struggle to see how that remark is harsh? We all have various experiences and we are ALL free to share them. This was not aimed at anyone in particular, just the posters experience.

I struggle to see how that remark is harsh? We all have various experiences and we are ALL free to share them. This was not aimed at anyone in particular, just the posters experience.

100 % agree - share experiences- It was the bit about minute decent training- no everyone is a colour expert hence why this site exists it.

It's portrayed in the way of 'if you didn't know that then you've had crap training'.

I felt the need to comment as I have seen professionals on here recommending the product 😳

100 % agree - share experiences- It was the bit about minute decent training- no everyone is a colour expert hence why this site exists it.

It's portrayed in the way of 'if you didn't know that then you've had crap training'.

Just remember, offence is taken not given.. or so I have been told countless times lol

Seriously guys! Color b4?!

I've seen posts on here made by people regarding using feria/xxl/preference and they get serious confrontation about it and now those same people are actually considering using this/saying that it's okay..
The way I see it.. If people are using OTC color removers then they may aswel use boxdyes!
We're trained professionals at the end of the day. We all know that colorb4 is absolute crap.

Sorry, but I stand by my statement. If a hairdresser is using reductors, then they should know the chemistry behind it. If you don't know what you're putting on someone's head, you shouldn't be using it, surely? That's not being a colour expert, that's having a dose of common sense.

My third point was about using am oxidant directly after. Highly dangerous if the reductor is not properly rinsed. Now am I being elitist for knowing that it reacts, smokes, gets hot, and melts the hair? Or am I just being a bitch for pointing it out? Would you prefer not to know that?

I'm sorry that you feel so threatened by other people knowing more than you. Sometimes training is lacking in the UK, and chemistry of hairdressing appears to have been a rather dumbed down area. With two colour masters, I would have thought reductors would have been thoroughly covered. They are fairly standard colour correction tools.

Is this a joke? Hair pros openly defending and admitting using an OTC product?

I thought that as well as knowledge one of the differences between a hair pro and non pro is the use of professional products.

I must be wrong

All im saying is ive seen a few hair pros on here saying they have used the product ;-)

All im saying is ive seen a few hair pros on here saying they have used the product ;-)
If indeed you have seen anyone advocating using Colour B4 on here, they will have received the same reaction as has happened here. I know I have closed more than 1 thread about this product that got very heated.
However I very much doubt they were started by fully trained professionals and were moved to Consumer.

I think you have the answer to your question, fully backed up with the reasons why professionals do not use or rate this product.

I don't recall ever reading on here that hair pros used or recommended it. Think all the hairdressers would've been hitting the report button en masse.

Latest posts

Back