Colour B4, what do pros think about this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, but I stand by my statement. If a hairdresser is using reductors, then they should know the chemistry behind it. If you don't know what you're putting on someone's head, you shouldn't be using it, surely? That's not being a colour expert, that's having a dose of common sense.

My third point was about using am oxidant directly after. Highly dangerous if the reductor is not properly rinsed. Now am I being elitist for knowing that it reacts, smokes, gets hot, and melts the hair? Or am I just being a bitch for pointing it out? Would you prefer not to know that?

I'm sorry that you feel so threatened by other people knowing more than you. Sometimes training is lacking in the UK, and chemistry of hairdressing appears to have been a rather dumbed down area. With two colour masters, I would have thought reductors would have been thoroughly covered. They are fairly standard colour correction tools.

You've now expanded your answers and explained what can go wrong.

There's a big difference between say it dangerous to use oxidants after a reducer and it's dangerous to use oxidants after a reducer if it's not rinse properly .....

Your last comment is uneeded .... I never said I know more than you and you don't know if you know more than me. I disagreed with your statement ..... That is allow isn't it or is your word final?

I don't recall ever reading on here that hair pros used or recommended it. Think all the hairdressers would've been hitting the report button en masse.

There is a post from yday with a professional stating they use itvthats why i started the thread

I have also come across someone recommending it a while ago ... I can't remember if they were professionals or not

On colour advice by bows belle it is mentioned

That thread has now been edited.
One person mentioned it but at least 8 other experienced professionals were very quick to point out that a professional would not use an OTC product.

Also it is against this sites rules.....namely this one

Thou shall not give pseudo-professional advice
In the forums where you are not a professional (i.e. the Hair Geek forum if you are not a professional hair messer) you may not give advice. This is a forum for professionals and the only way to keep it that way is to make sure that you are very careful in your comments that you make in forums where you hold no qualifications. It is fine to chime in with opinion as long as it does not lead readers to construe that the information you have given is a professional recommendation. On that note, please do NOT recommend OTC (Over the counter) products and services. These are not professional.

I really can't make it any clearer ;)

I have never used it on myself but friends have used it on their own hair and its worked wonders. I know of hairdressers at all levels who say it works and recommend it also. I have recommended it to a few people after seeing results but would never personally use it on a client.

I think in this sort of forum you will get a lot of jip from users who feel (and rightfully so) that this product shouldn't be sold as it can be dangerous if used the wrong way and by the wrong people.

That thread has now been edited.
One person mentioned it but at least 8 other experienced professionals were very quick to point out that a professional would not use an OTC product.

Also it is against this sites rules.....namely this one

Thou shall not give pseudo-professional advice
In the forums where you are not a professional (i.e. the Hair Geek forum if you are not a professional hair messer) you may not give advice. This is a forum for professionals and the only way to keep it that way is to make sure that you are very careful in your comments that you make in forums where you hold no qualifications. It is fine to chime in with opinion as long as it does not lead readers to construe that the information you have given is a professional recommendation. On that note, please do NOT recommend OTC (Over the counter) products and services. These are not professional.

I really can't make it any clearer ;)

I have never used it on myself but friends have used it on their own hair and its worked wonders. I know of hairdressers at all levels who say it works and recommend it also. I have recommended it to a few people after seeing results but would never personally use it on a client.

I think in this sort of forum you will get a lot of jip from users who feel (and rightfully so) that this product shouldn't be sold as it can be dangerous if used the wrong way and by the wrong people.

Maybe you missed my post, as I can see no other reason why you would go against site rules and stir up this topic again ;)

Maybe you missed my post, as I can see no other reason why you would go against site rules and stir up this topic again ;)

Incase you didn't see.... I never started this post nor did I say in my reply to tell her to use it ;)

To be honest I do not see the point in this thread. Anyone singing this product's praises is going to be a non pro and therefore shouldn't be commenting. It is gonna be one of those that go round and round and round, fill up Admins inboxes with reports of "being offended" and non pros offering advice.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Why would you use colour b4 when there is professional colour removers which do a great job! I have used affinage eraser which is amazing!! Also the juuce colour remover is great also, can't remember what it's called :)

I think you should not use it !

Wow! Why you would even start a thread like this I don't know! 👎

Latest posts

Back