Colour brand?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S7tgo21

Reaction score
Hello im quite new to this website so please be nice haha.
Im a mobile stylist and i have been using wella for about 5 months now but its getting quite expensive, quite warm also. I have used xp100 ( felt this was quite drying on grey hair ), rusk ( these always end up fading to a brassy colour ), kadus, loreal which i do like but they dont do any of the pearl blondes like wella have, also expensive. I have tried one colour from joico which was nice but their joico life bleach i have not got on with at all. I love blonde me bleach with the corresponding developer.
So im just wondering what everyone uses as im finding it tough at the moment as i want to use the best but clients will only pay so much when mobile.
Thanks

I use Schwarzkopf, I don’t think it’s quite as expensive as wella, but it’s still pricey enough, only thing I think they lack is toners but everything else is amazing xx

Im a mobile stylist and i have been using wella for about 5 months now but its getting quite expensive, quite warm also. I have used xp100 ( felt this was quite drying on grey hair ), rusk ( these always end up fading to a brassy colour ), kadus, loreal which i do like but they dont do any of the pearl blondes like wella have, also expensive. I have tried one colour from joico which was nice but their joico life bleach i have not got on with at all. I love blonde me bleach with the corresponding developer.
So im just wondering what everyone uses as im finding it tough at the moment as i want to use the best but clients will only pay so much when mobile.
Thanks
I've recently started using colorissimo for family and friends who hate paying for their hair and I have to say I'm very pleased. The only thing I would say is that the highlift tint isn't as good as wellas. But everything else is fab! The grey lavender is a fantastic toner over prelightened hair! Gives a crisp ice white. The reds are extremely vibrant better than wellas. And the grey coverage is very good too. The high lift red and copper are exceptionally good too. Hope this helps a little.

Hi Ron I use wella currently are the colorisimo colours on par? Do they match base to base? I.e is the colourissimo 4.0 then same dept as 44/0 wella.

Hi Ron I use wella currently are the colorisimo colours on par? Do they match base to base? I.e is the colourissimo 4.0 then same dept as 44/0 wella.
I would say the results for colorissimo are slightly lighter than wella. If you can I'd keep a cutting of someone's hair and split it in half use wella 44/0 on one, and colorissimo 4.0 on the other and compare. I'm sure the 4.0 will be more like 4/0 though

I find that the 7NW is very similar to KP 7/7
7.01 is like 7/1 and 7.1 is like 7/81.
6C is like 6/71

Im a mobile stylist...
Thanks

I think that’s a shame and I think it partly depends on how you view your services. I market myself to clients as offering an exclusive bespoke service so my clients expect to pay a premium above normal salon prices for getting my undivided attention and high quality service.

Latest posts

Back