Colour brands- who services mobile hairdressers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ohmygorgeous

Reaction score
Hi guys
just looking for a wee bit of advice please.
Im thinking of starting back out mobile as im starting to enjoy hairdressing again but im fed up of SALLYS. Its the only wholesaler within a reasonable distance of me and i find they rarely have exactly what i need.

i have previously used matrix(10yrs ago) and more recently wella,goldwell and loreal.
Id like to go to one brand...my most confortable being wella but they wont set up an account for me as ill be mobile.

so which colour houses/distributors would you suggest

thanks in advance for any info

Matrix will gladly set you up....where are you? They will give you free training....it's changed completely in 10years!! You won't recognise it now n no silver/grey tubes and boxes!! It's pink now!! X

Just outside Glasgow. I enquired with matrix a few months back but they sent me the full course list for the rest of the year and no intro courses anywhere near :(
Although as I've hit a dead end most places I'm now thinking that traveling for a course may be worth it to go with the right colour house

Just outside Glasgow. I enquired with matrix a few months back but they sent me the full course list for the rest of the year and no intro courses anywhere near :(
Although as I've hit a dead end most places I'm now thinking that traveling for a course may be worth it to go with the right colour house

I'm sure up there is Defo training!!

Wella wont allow you their product because your mobile?
Do they not realise its taken 20 years to upgrade their product where as other manufacturers do this almost every year or so? They should be glad for anyone to purchase their product not turning them away.

Go with matrix hun, like blue said, they will help you out. If my local warehouse supplied it I'd use them but I only carry a limited supply and purchase any that I don't stock as and when needed which would be hard if I had to order them for delivery xoxo

Wella should set up an account , im with the fhbf and they provide a discount if you have an account, I closed mine as I couldnt get on with the online ordering, I think they had teething problems .

Wella will set u an account up. If you say u are mobile and home based.. I have an account.

I am wih Matrix. They do training over in the Sallys at Rutherglen.

I am wih Matrix. They do training over in the Sallys at Rutherglen.

Aw ur joking I specifically asked if any of the training centres near me would do it and they said only Oswald street in Glasgow.... Then sent me the list with no intro courses all creative cutting etc. I'll get back onto them in the morning. I hate being fobbed off

Wella wont allow you their product because your mobile?
Do they not realise its taken 20 years to upgrade their product where as other manufacturers do this almost every year or so? They should be glad for anyone to purchase their product not turning them away.

Go with matrix hun, like blue said, they will help you out. If my local warehouse supplied it I'd use them but I only carry a limited supply and purchase any that I don't stock as and when needed which would be hard if I had to order them for delivery xoxo

Aston & Fincher on Rivulet Road carry Matrix, Tomme. I get mine from there x

Hi guys
just looking for a wee bit of advice please.
Im thinking of starting back out mobile as im starting to enjoy hairdressing again but im fed up of SALLYS. Its the only wholesaler within a reasonable distance of me and i find they rarely have exactly what i need.

i have previously used matrix(10yrs ago) and more recently wella,goldwell and loreal.
Id like to go to one brand...my most confortable being wella but they wont set up an account for me as ill be mobile.

so which colour houses/distributors would you suggest

thanks in advance for any info
if your having a struggle could you not order online with something like salon direct???

Aston & Fincher on Rivulet Road carry Matrix, Tomme. I get mine from there x

Ooh. Do u still need to take in your insurance papers etc... To sign up? Last time I was there I was a student lol xoxo

I am thinking about trying matrix, I too work alone from a small salon at home. I was thinking the matrix training would be expensive but blue said its free!
Is there a minimum order for this free training? How does it work - anyone know??

:lol:

I am thinking about trying matrix, I too work alone from a small salon at home. I was thinking the matrix training would be expensive but blue said its free!
Is there a minimum order for this free training? How does it work - anyone know??

:lol:

You open an account, spend £100 quid normally for small starter pack and then because you stock matrix your entitled to free happy hours training which is 3 hours!! A matrix intro course is normally free too I think if you sweet talk your rep ;)

You open an account, spend £100 quid normally for small starter pack and then because you stock matrix your entitled to free happy hours training which is 3 hours!! A matrix intro course is normally free too I think if you sweet talk your rep ;)

I'm so calling them :) x

As stated above, if you apply for a membership with the FHBF, you can get an Affinage account with 10% discount. 20% off salonsupplies,co.uk and a wella account with 30% discount I think. I don't use wella so not 100% sure

Latest posts

Back