Colour Change/Thermal gel polish, I'm in

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No I don't agree, No one knocks a company because they are same as CND. If i did then surely I wouldnt use Gelish alongside my shellac. Nail technicians knock bluesky because its a fake, imitation, knock off, call it what you like.

As a pro you would have done your research and would of seen that Bluesky isn't a pro product and its cheap imitation of CND, Its not in the league of a pro gel polish.

I would ask you to read one of the many threads pertaining to bluesky and you will see why it is NOT a pro product.

If you use it on your clients that is fine but I don't use imitation products on my clients. They deserve better.

X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Now now calm down... my clients get a very good service and they always have and always will. This you have NO idea about so before you slate my services, please YOU tell me... why are they an imitation product?

What makes something professional to non professional? I can purchase something I trained in... St Tropez for instance and it is now sold in the shops.. does that make it now a none professional product? I trained with NSI but this is sold on Ebay... CND is sold on ebay!

I can purchase a top coat from Ellisons, but I can purchase the same from boots, does that make it a none professional?

They seem to be leading in more colours at the moment, it has a high shine, they seem to have the thermal you so want but maybe that isn't professional, they also have the matte too, and the rock star already built in so no glitter messing around...BUT as I said... I offer both so it is up to the client.

NOT ONE person yet has in those threads given me a reason not to use it. I always do a full consultation with my clients, if I am unsure or they have never had gel or acrylic products I go above what my insurance wants and patch test. So you are saying I am not a professional!

Are you telling me that if someone brings out a red nail varnish or gel product no one else is allowed to? Someone invented the car are we to only have one... there are many styles and price ranges in this along with houses... etc

I was using NSI coloured gels 10 years ago but you don't see all the good NSI peeps scream and running other gel companies down.

As I have said before... Both are different companies...both are offering similar services at different costs... Why do you get so mad... is it cause of the expense you have to lay out for CND and get cross because the other is cheaper?

It is a matter of choice, individual choice, and as I said, very unprofessional to run another company down to try and boost your own. ALSO ANOTHER PROFESSIONAL BECAUSE THEY DON'T THINK LIKE YOU! This is why we have freedom of choice... don't slate me for what you believe in... that is wrong... I was giving my opinion.

Love and respect Now please play nice.. just because I am new here doesn't mean you can be mean!

Back to the OP question!!!

I have been thinking of adding some I these to my collection, I am hoping the Jazz range from Harmony has something along these lines :) x

Leely

I just did a search on google and there is a company called Miss Match...

They are not a professional company but then this means you can approach them to buy several and possibly retail the items out. This is what I did and they went like hot cakes from Toma.. or try Toma direct they may still do them, I am sure they do... I think I purchased boxes of 12 at a time and thye mixed them so that is great isn't it...I think Sally's were selling Toma at the time.

... I did have a quick look in Ellisons cat.. they don't seem to advertise them in there.

Good Luck

Love and respect :)

Now now calm down... my clients get a very good service and they always have and always will. This you have NO idea about so before you slate my services, please YOU tell me... why are they an imitation product?

What makes something professional to non professional? I can purchase something I trained in... St Tropez for instance and it is now sold in the shops.. does that make it now a none professional product? I trained with NSI but this is sold on Ebay... CND is sold on ebay!

I can purchase a top coat from Ellisons, but I can purchase the same from boots, does that make it a none professional?

They seem to be leading in more colours at the moment, it has a high shine, they seem to have the thermal you so want but maybe that isn't professional, they also have the matte too, and the rock star already built in so no glitter messing around...BUT as I said... I offer both so it is up to the client.

NOT ONE person yet has in those threads given me a reason not to use it. I always do a full consultation with my clients, if I am unsure or they have never had gel or acrylic products I go above what my insurance wants and patch test. So you are saying I am not a professional!

Are you telling me that if someone brings out a red nail varnish or gel product no one else is allowed to? Someone invented the car are we to only have one... there are many styles and price ranges in this along with houses... etc

I was using NSI coloured gels 10 years ago but you don't see all the good NSI peeps scream and running other gel companies down.

As I have said before... Both are different companies...both are offering similar services at different costs... Why do you get so mad... is it cause of the expense you have to lay out for CND and get cross because the other is cheaper?

It is a matter of choice, individual choice, and as I said, very unprofessional to run another company down to try and boost your own. ALSO ANOTHER PROFESSIONAL BECAUSE THEY DON'T THINK LIKE YOU! This is why we have freedom of choice... don't slate me for what you believe in... that is wrong... I was giving my opinion.

Love and respect Now please play nice.. just because I am new here doesn't mean you can be mean!

Jeez keep your hair on . You don't have to get so defensive . If you're happy to use that stuff go ahead no body else cares . There's plenty of information about why that product isn't considered professional and some how it keeps getting dragged up and threads started about it .... Maybe I'm a cynic but could that be an attempt to stimulate interest and drum up business ?
Anyways it's so boring now ....pity there isn't a yawn button .

The only thermal polish I can find is bluesky and another ebay colour changing polish.

Does anyone know where there is a professional colour change polish? X

Orly do one gel fx x

I think the biggest problem that people have with bluesky is its blatant copying of bottles and colours to look like other high profile brands. They have deliberately marketed it to look just like other brands products, rather than sell it on its own merits.

Its like a salon opening down the road from you using your name and logo, and having your customers go there instead assuming its you.

Had it hit the market packaged in its own unique way and with its own identity, there would be far less concern about it and probably a few fans.

People see it like they would a fake Gucci handbag, a cheap copy designed to fool consumers.

Welcome to the forum by the way :hug:

I agree.........YAWN :)

I think the biggest problem that people have with bluesky is its blatant copying of bottles and colours to look like other high profile brands. They have deliberately marketed it to look just like other brands products, rather than sell it on its own merits.

Its like a salon opening down the road from you using your name and logo, and having your customers go there instead assuming its you.

Had it hit the market packaged in its own unique way and with its own identity, there would be far less concern about it and probably a few fans.

People see it like they would a fake Gucci handbag, a cheap copy designed to fool consumers.

Welcome to the forum by the way :hug:

Thank you for the welcome MissOwen... Very kind of you.

Yes I can totally see that point of course. Sadly this is life with everything..you see it on the cat walks and in life everyday. I think it is choice of wording that needs to be looked at or we would be saying everything is fake lol..

Have a great day...

Love and respect to all :)

The only thermal polish I can find is bluesky and another ebay colour changing polish.

Does anyone know where there is a professional colour change polish? X

LeChat makes a line of about 12 color changing polishes - Mood Polish, I believe it's called. Orly makes a top coat for polish called Shade Shifter that works the same way and can go over other colors for the same effect. And there's GelII which is a gel polish that does not use a base coat.

Seriously you need to calm down. I shouldn't have to tell you why bluesky is an imitation product. Do the research yourself. Have a read. All the threads will tell you why to not use it.

I would just also add, I love spending the amount I do on CND, because its a pro product. It's not a copy of shellac it's the real deal sweetie. I don't use fake crap I have brought off ebay.

Saying bluesky is a company is laughable and measures up nowhere near to cnd,nsi, nail harmony and all the other professional brands. Bluesky isn't a professional product. It isn't sold at wholesalers, it's never at shows, it's sold on amazon and ebay. It had no real website. The website for china makes no sense. The labels on the bottles are incorrectly spelt, it stinks and is as thick as custard.

Shellac maybe be sold on ebay but that is because greedy people like to make a quick buck buy from s2 and distributors and overseas to make money. They buy it from a source though that is a professional company.

Sorry to the OP for overtaking your thread, I'm just sick of the ignorance of so called professionals. Please continue, I have nothing further to say on the matter.

I

Last edited:
Thank you for the welcome MissOwen... Very kind of you.

Yes I can totally see that point of course. Sadly this is life with everything..you see it on the cat walks and in life everyday. I think it is choice of wording that needs to be looked at or we would be saying everything is fake lol..

Have a great day...

Love and respect to all :)

I prefer to say that Bluesky and CCO are counterfeit products, designed to deceive. The very purpose of them is to misrepresent. The have been successfully sued by CND and have already had to remove the word "shellac" from their bottles. Other such lawsuits against them and CCO are pending.

Personally, there are so many other excellent gel polishes that are even less expensive than counterfeit products that I can't see the value in them at all.

Last edited:
LeChat makes a line of about 12 color changing polishes - Mood Polish, I believe it's called. Orly makes a top coat for polish called Shade Shifter that works the same way and can go over other colors for the same effect. And there's GelII which is a gel polish that does not use a base coat.

Thank you for that. Izzi mentioned le chat earlier so will sit down and have a look this evening.

Thank you for that. Izzi mentioned le chat earlier so will sit down and have a look this evening.

Definitely worth a look. I just found out they've released 12 more Mood colors. I have two - Angel's Breeze, a pale pink that turns to hot pink and Partly Cloudy, a gray blue that turns to bright blue. Here's the link -
PERFECT MATCH™

Last edited:
Definitely worth a look. I just found out they've released 12 more Mood colors. I have two Angel's Breeze a pale pink that turns to hot pink and Partly Cloudy, a gray clue that turns to bright blue. Here's the link -
PERFECT MATCH™

Just took a quick look and they are all lovely colours. Xx

In alan howard they sell and orly
Shade shifter which is similar xx

I love the lechat range. Does anyone know if they have a uk stockist? I can't find much info on their site x

Simply Kerry's Beauty <3

I prefer to say that Bluesky and CCO are counterfeit products, designed to deceive. The very purpose of them is to misrepresent. The have been successfully sued by CND and have already had to remove the word "shellac" from their bottles. Other such lawsuits against them and CCO are pending.

Personally, there are so many other excellent gel polishes that are even less expensive than counterfeit products that I can't see the value in them at all.

Yes Nancy they have taken it off their bottle and they also have gel polish colour on the front now like others do, ingredients on the back including a company address, so they have now towed the line. Which I am very pleased to see. I am sure they are going be compensating CND also no doubt.

For the sake that things from china are fake... where do you think nail varnish originate from in the first place! How many countries jumped on the band wagon when they say that. Do you think CND invented nail varnish? It had to start somewhere!

I am so very disappointed and upset as I thought this were to be a site full of professionals that would accept others views, as I have, but to be called unprofessional is wrong and unprofessional. I have read through other threads and seen how this is bullying and yes a strong word, but this isn't anything I wish to be a part of. How sad as we are all always learning and we can always learn and grow from one another until we become stunted and angry at the world like some.

So what if you don't like something, don't use it, but don't go around hurting because you can't have things your way and I am sure you realise that you are stopping some new people actually asking questions for the fear of being shot down ... that is totally unacceptable. Shame on you. I know I am better than this.

This is my first and last day here lol... that was along run... but thank you for the short run. Happy now Nails you can preach your views to all the others and bark at them until you either push them away leaving the site or one day you will meet yourself.... Karma!

My deepest and sincere applogise for this having to be on this thread.

Love and respect.

Yes Nancy they have taken it off their bottle and they also have gel polish colour on the front now like others do, ingredients on the back including a company address, so they have now towed the line. Which I am very pleased to see. I am sure they are going be compensating CND also no doubt.

For the sake that things from china are fake... where do you think nail varnish originate from in the first place! How many countries jumped on the band wagon when they say that. Do you think CND invented nail varnish? It had to start somewhere!

I am so very disappointed and upset as I thought this were to be a site full of professionals that would accept others views, as I have, but to be called unprofessional is wrong and unprofessional. I have read through other threads and seen how this is bullying and yes a strong word, but this isn't anything I wish to be a part of. How sad as we are all always learning and we can always learn and grow from one another until we become stunted and angry at the world like some.

So what if you don't like something, don't use it, but don't go around hurting because you can't have things your way and I am sure you realise that you are stopping some new people actually asking questions for the fear of being shot down ... that is totally unacceptable. Shame on you. I know I am better than this.

This is my first and last day here lol... that was along run... but thank you for the short run. Happy now Nails you can preach your views to all the others and bark at them until you either push them away leaving the site or one day you will meet yourself.... Karma!

My deepest and sincere applogise for this having to be on this thread.

Love and respect.

While I agree that there is some serious bullying going on on SG, I don't know why you posted this in response to me. I have at no point bullied you (or anyone else). I responded with the facts about this product, I did not disparage products from China, and I did not disparage you. In fact, I did not reference you at all in my response. So I am offended that you have made me the target of your assault.

While everyone has a right to their opinion, not all opinions are equally valid. Opinions that are backed up with facts, data and useful information are more valid and useful to others.The kind of ad hominem attacks and statements you have just made are not helpful. True love and respect are more than a mere salutation or closing.

I agree x
Im a professional and i make sure my clients get the best service ,
I dont judge other people buy what they do or what they choose to buy , thats what works for that individual xx
:)
Everyone should be happy n be happy for others

If i like something i will buy it x

And i started this thread on thermal
Nails and im not bothered if the bottle looks like something else

This is a bluesky product and its brilliant!
I work in a cafe and constantly washing my hands and in sink and cleaning and its remained the way it should x

So if this is a professional product and it has all its msds etc.. where do you buy it from?

What professional wholesaler/warehouse sells it?

Would genuinely like to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back