Colour Change/Thermal gel polish, I'm in

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if this is a professional product and it has all its msds etc.. where do you buy it from?

What professional wholesaler/warehouse sells it?

Would genuinely like to know.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app
Me too, also which insurance company will insure you to use it?

Everyone who uses bluesky always goes on and on about how well it lasts but no one ever comments on ease of removal! I removed a client's 'Shellac' that she had applied at another salon which I found out was bluesky..i soaked for 20 mins and NOTHING! That stuff does not bloody budge! I had to file it off in the end which was horrible as I pride myself on protecting my clients natural nails...also any product that deliberately deceives people into thinking its 'genuine' shellac does not deserve professional status. Also does insurance even cover you to use products bought off eBay/Amazon?

I also wouldn't want to go to a 'professional' for a service of which I could buy the products for myself off eBay! My client deserve the best which I why I'm happy to pay for CND :)

So...the professional products are Orly, LeChat and Crystal Nails?

Who distributes LeChat in the UK?

Last edited:
So...the professional products are Orly, LeChat and Crystal Nails?

Yes, but I *think* orly only offer shade shifter? Which is a black gel that you use over a different colour. The colour is then revealed as nail temp changes.

With regards to bluesky I usually stay well out of this fight. I can't imagine wanting to damage my image & brand by being affiliated with the lowest of the low.

I would just say one point that others haven't mentioned. It’s a lot easier to charge really low prices if you manufacture in a country that doesn’t value its people or its animals.

Bluesky test on animals. I prefer my bunny rabbits frolicking rather than caged whilst being poked in the eye with nail polish. Each to their own of course.

Attachments

• bunny-animal-testing.jpg
    bunny-animal-testing.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 249
This is not a thread about Bluesky.....and I am very disappointed in how heated this got.
A bit of courtesy to new members would not go amiss ;)
If you don't agree with a other geek about something there is no need to go in all guns blazing about them being wrong. All that is required is for you to constructively put your positive points across about your views......and the P in PM stands for PRIVATE !

Yes Bluesky started off as a counterfeit product, they got sued and have changed their anime and logos, they do have distributors and MSDS and are even being bought in by Colleges and used in Training Course there.
How is a student that gets trained with it going to cope when she finds this site looking for help then she gets slated for using the product she was taught with?
That is a rhetorical question, I don't want an answer, and this thread going off topic again!

Keep things constructive please......oh and I was using Toma colour changing polishes way back in the year 2000 And I thought they were okay on long nails, but short nails not so much as you don't get a two tone effect on them. I think I'll give them a miss this time round :) although I think a younger clientele than mine would love them :Love:

I agree x
Im a professional and i make sure my clients get the best service ,
I dont judge other people buy what they do or what they choose to buy , thats what works for that individual xx
:)
Everyone should be happy n be happy for others

If i like something i will buy it x

And i started this thread on thermal
Nails and im not bothered if the bottle looks like something else

This is a bluesky product and its brilliant!
I work in a cafe and constantly washing my hands and in sink and cleaning and its remained the way it should x

With all due respect (which is what people always seem to say before they say something disrespectful :sad:), while I appreciate the like, and I absolutely oppose any form of bullying, I want to be very clear that I absolutely believe that no professional should use bluesky, CCO or any other counterfeit product on a client. While the distinction between professional product and consumer product has gotten blurry (Gelish? OPI?), the line between legitimate products and counterfeit is clear.

My reasons are simple. Counterfeit products are designed to deceive and even if you are not deceived, as professionals, we should uphold the ethical standards of the profession and not be involved in deceit. The standard for a professional should not be "if I like something...," the standard should be does this provide the proper service to clients, to my business and to the profession. Are you informing your clients that you are using bluesky and what that means or do they think its CND Shellac? Does your insurance carrier know this is what you use and do they cover it?

I know this sounds judgmental, but that is part of what a professional group does - establish standards for the profession and professionals. It also means that we sometimes call folks out (as respectfully, politely and constructively as we can) when they are not abiding by important professional standards. We have lots of disagreement here about products (Shellac vs Gelish, whether Shellac is a gel polish, buff or no buff), but the counterfeit issue goes beyond mere disagreement, and gets down to fundamental matter of standards. We condemn NSS salons, and rightfully so, for a failure to abide by professional standards. We also have to question ourselves and hold ourselves to high professional standards as well. I think that this is one of those issues.

Last edited:
This is not a thread about Bluesky.....and I am very disappointed in how heated this got.
A bit of courtesy to new members would not go amiss ;)
If you don't agree with a other geek about something there is no need to go in all guns blazing about them being wrong. All that is required is for you to constructively put your positive points across about your views......and the P in PM stands for PRIVATE!

The only person who went in all guns blazing was the poster that pm'd me. I wrote a constructive reply. It was not mean and it certainly was not rude. I was jumped on for stating that bluesky was not a pro product in which my opinion it is not and will never be In my eyes and in the eyes of many others on here.

I was then accused of bullying by JRowe and then was sent a nasty little pm by her whilst she was making herself out to be all sweet and innocent and getting on the bullying band wagon. Which I posted because im not being made out to be like that.

A bit of courtesy to existing members wouldn't go amiss either.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I got it as a present actually of one of my clients as a thank you for good service!
Im not sure were this is from,
But all my products that i buy
Are from
Alan howard
Salons direct
Or aston & finchers

As these are all local to me and i mich prefer to go to my wholesalers the order on line

All my products for nails are either
NSI
ORLY
IBD
GELISH

I don't use shellac as i have to order this online which i wont do!

What some people are saying on here
Is like saying your not a professional
If u don't use and official branded
Uv/led lamp thats costs £££
My lamp isnt a branded lamp and its amazing x
Its never let me down

Its ludicrous some of the comments on here

Also i am the poster
And i haven't sent any private messages to anyone xx

Also u want to point out
Hiw am i lowering my standards and quality????

At what point did i say that i use this on clients??
My post was
I love my new thermal gel!!
Which i do!
This was a present off a client to MYSELF

The nails in pic are my nails!

Why cant everyone be nice ? X

I new here and im getting put off, its like being in school again

Last edited by a moderator:
Also i am the poster
And i haven't sent any private messages to anyone xx

Also u want to point out
Hiw am i lowering my standards and quality????

At what point did i say that i use this on clients??
My post was
I love my new thermal gel!!
Which i do!
This was a present off a client to MYSELF

The nails in pic are my nails!

Why cant everyone be nice ? X

I new here and im getting put off, its like being in school again

I'm sorry but I don't see why you are getting defensive. Read my posts and you will see none of my posts were directed at you what so ever. You are the OP which means the original poster, my post above stated that A poster pm'd not you, I did not mention your name and I did not say the OP sent a pm.

In what part did I say you pm'd me??
In what part did I say you lowered your standards??
Which of my posts were directed at you? None!
Which part of my post stated that you,yourself used it on your clients. You are reading info that isn't there and that hasn't been said to you. Please read back through the thread instead of trying to cause an unnecessary argument.

The only question I asked you was where did you get your colour changing polish and that was at the start of the thread. So can you please show me the posts directed at you??

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps this thread is one the mods should delete as the behaviour is not very pleasant at all.

Im not defensive at all!
I do t care what people say ,
Also i did say im new so when i see
Poster i thought that met me!
Also i dont know what pm n all this code means,

So i was being nasty to anyone
I just wanted to let people know that if that did mean me i didnt send a message x

All i want to say is id love my present off a client
N everyone is kicking off
Its madness

Im not defensive at all!
I do t care what people say ,
Also i did say im new so when i see
Poster i thought that met me!
Also i dont know what pm n all this code means,

So i was being nasty to anyone
I just wanted to let people know that if that did mean me i didnt send a message x

All i want to say is id love my present off a client
N everyone is kicking off
Its madness

Pm means private message, I was talking about the one JRowe kindly sent to me :)

I am very passionate about my job and the products I use. I have spent a lot of time and money on my services including shellac. I get annoyed that I work hard and use pro products, from authorised distributors and then I have salons down the road buying in bluesky and making out it is shellac. I then have to remove the stuff which is a nightmare. The clients tell me that the salon have clearly stated it is bluesky and its not. As I said before, I do not see bluesky or CCO as a pro product and that is my opinion and I will defend it till I am blue in the face. (As I have done :) )

I am sorry if my passion is misconstrued as being rude and defensive but all I asked on this thread was where can I buy the polish. I then stated I wouldn't be buying bluesky as its not for me and to get an extremely rude reply from another poster. I have been trained to use the best products and not counterfeits, I have spent a lot of money to be trained in the products I use and I wouldn't have my reputation tarnished due to using sub-standard products.

We are all entitled to our opinion as I am mine.

Best wishes

It seems the are a lot of Unprofessionals joining salon geek recently to just put the cat amongst the pigeons for something to do :/ just saying x

Lol ok ,
I do apologise if you thought i was being funny or else

I am the same i am 26 an been qualified since 2006
I am very passionate about my job too and i am proud of the services i provide for my girls xx

Orly fx do this. Its called a shade shifter so you do your two coats of colour then 2 coats of the sahde shifter and voila!

Its pretty cool
Xx

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Orly Gel Fx do Shade Shifter

Well it would appear my post did not get this thread back on track.

What an irony that I deleted a post that a PM (Private Message) had been cut and pasted onto then subsequent posts really should have been PMs !

This thread makes for very bad reading. Yes we are passionate about our Industry and professionalism but that does not mean we need to forget our manners.
Also there is no need for people to read an attitude into things that isn't there and get so defensive.
There is absolutely NO need to keep bandying about the word bully having a heated debate or a different point of view is not bullying.

But....could we stop just jumping in saying if you use xx product you are an unprofessional uninsured cowboy!
Surely explaining the background of how xx started out as a counterfeit product and it having a terrible reputation throughout the Industry is so much better, and people will be more likely to take this information on board, rather than get their hackles up! Then again this is what Nancysyd has done on this thread posting factual and informative information which should make people think twice about using this brand.

I will be discussing this with my fellow Mods as this argument is cropping up more and more often, and in the rules it does say that OTC (Over the Counter) products should not be discussed on the Pro Forums, but whether this is technically an OTC product is up for debate.
Another irony though that a client bought this one and gave it to her tech ;)

This is an educational forum and as such we have a responsibility to give factual and informative answers, and sometimes it is not the answer people wanted, but if we keep it constructive and polite then there should be no problems!

Thanks Dolci Dolittle and hairstudent for trying once again to get this back on topic...but I feel I should close this now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back