Colour choice help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

notsodumbblonde

Reaction score
Hi there!

I am a mobile hairdresser since I had my baby and therefore colour my hair myself (!) At the moment I have a global head of oil bleach (proclere thanks to minky for recommending it to everyone!) I then usually tone with a silver or violet toner to acheive quite an silvery/white look.
I usually wear hair extensions but since going so blonde I have found it hard to get any to match up to the white and would like to tone my hair down to a 9 or 10 with maybe a beige tone in it...
Any advice much appreciated! When I had highlights I often used to tone to an 8/03 Koleston and always achieved a really nice colour but my hair is much lighter now and I feel that would be too dark for a full head tint.
Thanks in advance :)

Hi, I would reccomend having some caramel lowlights woven through it to give the illusion of one or two shades darker , rather than go all over darker ,
as I think you will hate it after being so blonde,
also you can get your extensions matched up to these colours ok :hug:

try banbury postiche they match all sorts of colours up :hug:

Thanks Minky!

You deserve a medal for all the people you help and advise on here!
When you say caramel which would you advise in the Koleston range..I was thinking from memory (don't have shade chart for wella as I now use XP/NXT) maybe 9/7 or would that be too warm? I'm just scared of it going that awful khaki if not enough warmth or wishy washy yellow if I choose one with too much warmth!
Thanks hun xxx

9/7 does come up quite gold on near white hair , so if you could it might be nice to mix it with some base, maybe 1/2 10 and 1/2 9/7 would be a nice combo ., saying that if you do want to get it deeper eventually , it will provide a better base for next time if its more warm then you can see how much the colour will fade/grab . You could do test strands , or get a warm colour and an ash colour ,and then if it goes too warm , then you could tone it down in an emergancy!
Hope this makes sense ive been talking alot of rubbish lately

Hi!

In the end I went with lowlights scattered through...I used 8/3 from the Xp colour range...It looks fab! I have to say at one time I would only use Koleston, but the XP range is brill.
To say how overly processed my hair is, It has stayed in too!
Thanks for your advice girls ;-)

Glad it went well :hug: minky x

Latest posts

Back