Colour Confusion

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lauren89

Reaction score
I had a lady in today, artificial base 2, 1/2inch of regrowth 100% white.

I was going to do a bleach bath of 9% midlength and ends, 6% midlength to root. Then apply 5/0 midlengths and ends, 55/0 (or 5/00) and some 5/3.

But my tutor said to do a 12% bleach bath and lift it to a 6 and apply 6/00 and 6/77 allover.

It turned out lovely, but I'm just wondering how it didn't end up too warm with a 6/00 and 6/77 being applied to a bright orange base 6?

And why you wouldn't do it the way I was going to.
Thank you

I don't ever use the /00 range- no reason other than I never have tried it.

I would say she suggested using a base 6 as pre lightened hair can sometimes be porous and suck up colour- making your base 6 look more like a base 5.

As for the 12% bleach bath- I don't believe in that unless you want to wreck the hair. I'd do mid lengths then ends then roots with a 6% bleach bath, by the time you've done it in that order it should even itself out iykwim.

If you use 6% instead then you may leave it on longer but it won't be so harsh to the hair. X

/00 is supposed to be a warmer version of /0. Apparently.

I don't ever use the /00 range- no reason other than I never have tried it.

I would say she suggested using a base 6 as pre lightened hair can sometimes be porous and suck up colour- making your base 6 look more like a base 5.

As for the 12% bleach bath- I don't believe in that unless you want to wreck the hair. I'd do mid lengths then ends then roots with a 6% bleach bath, by the time you've done it in that order it should even itself out iykwim.

If you use 6% instead then you may leave it on longer but it won't be so harsh to the hair. X

I understand why she used the 6, i'd suggested 5 because I didn't thik we'd be able to lift it as light as we did as she had alot of box colours on it.
I'm with you, never use 12% and bleach (by choice)

/00 is supposed to be a warmer version of /0. Apparently.

That confuses me even more, lol.

So a 7/00 is supposed to be warmer version 7/0. Lol sorry I'm not sure of a better way to explain it perhaps someone else will.

So a 7/00 is supposed to be warmer version 7/0. Lol sorry I'm not sure of a better way to explain it perhaps someone else will.

Lol sorry, I understand what you mean. I'm just more confused as to why I would use a warm colour on a bright orange base. X

Because the /77 is an "Intense" brunette. Putting a base alone (/0) wouldn't have been strong enough to stop the copper coming through.

Ahh rite, so if we'd done my suggestion on /00 or /0 it would have been too gold/copper still?

I've never been too sure what /77 is as I havn't used wella long, I just thought it was warm based as the tutor uses it alot over blondes.
X

Next time you see your tutor ask her. She should have explained her choice of colours to you at the time. She is supposed to be TEACHING you. You also need to make a point of asking her more. I was forever asking questions, and still do, it's how you learn. Get her to sit down and go through the colour chart with you. Don't be afraid to ask her questions.

Next time you see your tutor ask her. She should have explained her choice of colours to you at the time. She is supposed to be TEACHING you. You also need to make a point of asking her more. I was forever asking questions, and still do, it's how you learn. Get her to sit down and go through the colour chart with you. Don't be afraid to ask her questions.

I constanlty ask questions, I always explain how I came to my decision and ask why she would do different.

Her favourite answers are I should kno or youtube it :grr:
The only answer she gave me was to give more warmth as /0 is too flat. But she just wouldn't explain wat you just have. She drives me mad lol. :grr:

Salon Geek 1. College 0. ;)

Latest posts

Back