Colour correction advice, please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alpina

Reaction score
We have a client, natural base 5 who recently had balayage colour done in our salon. She was fairly happy but wanted a more dramatic effect so we lightened her ends further. So she is now her natural colour on top, about an 8 on the midlenths and a 10 on the ends.

She doesn't like how it looks now and wants to just go back to her natural colour all over. I need a bit of advice on the best way to do this. The hairdresser who will be doing this isn't sure whether to pre-pig or do a back to back semi. Also we are worried about her having the different levels of blonde in her hair now, will the colour look even when done or is it possible that it might still show a slight balayage effect through the colour?

Some advice would be really appreciated, I have to call the client this afternoon with a rough idea of pricing and I can't figure out the price until I know how we will go about the service. (My other hairdressers don't work today so we haven't been able to sit down and discuss this properly).

Do a red quasi, on a level 7 so 7Rr, 7.44, 7.66 or 77.66 something like that, then a warm 5 like mocha or 5/75, 5/77, or even 5.32 x

Thanks for replying so quickly Bluerinse. So you would do the 7.66 just on the lightened ends, then the 5 level all over?

How much natural is their? X

I would spray the hair with wella perfecton. This will take the blond tone dwn a notch...then I would put a 5 over. When using perfecton the hair must be wet.

Hope this helps

How much natural is their? X

She has about 5-6 inches of natural colour. I'm getting her in this afternoon to match up her natural colour.

Kerris494, I'm not familiar with wella products at all. I am able to get them but have never used any of them yet.

She has about 5-6 inches of natural colour. I'm getting her in this afternoon to match up her natural colour.

Kerris494, I'm not familiar with wella products at all. I am able to get them but have never used any of them yet.

Is it literally natural then bleach? What brand do you use? X

Sure is, she's been a client for 5 years and this is the first time she's coloured her hair at all since she's been with us. Bleach on the ends with a violet ash toner which seems to have mostly washed out by now.

We use keune colours which only make a semi, they don't have a demi/quasi in the range. I can get matrix, wella, de lorenzo, affinage and pps at my wholesaler. I'm going to pick up some colours for her in the morning. I had her in today to have a look at her hair, her natural base is actually closer to a 4 than a 5 with a warm/gold reflect. We were thinking of using 3/4 4.0 + 1/4 5.3 to match her natural colour. Also now thinking that we should probably use 6.66 instead of 7.66, would you agree?

Latest posts

Back