Colour correction black to blonde!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Millie36

Reaction score
Hey guys I need a little help....
My client is black at the moment but she is a natural ash blonde.... I've taken a stand test and stripped the colour out twice.... I then apply bleach to see how the hair would take it and yes it snapped like hell!

I'm worried what to do I've told her I would only be able to strip the colour out the she'll have to wait until the hairs back to good condition.

The stand test has stripped out to about a base 6/7 golden.....
Is there anything anyone could recommend to apply after to tone down the warmth.

Sorry, can I clarify - when you say stripped do you mean you used a colour remover such as Affinage Eraser or a bleach bath?

I would have thought if you used a colour remover then the hair should still be in good condition.

If it's in poor condition, it's likely that the hair has endured a number of chemical processes besides the black tint (as this would only require a low level peroxide). Do you know the hair history or is this a new client?

I'd only bleach bath if you're wanting to remove unwanted tone or lift a shade and use a colour remover to remove a darker based tint.

I would get her to use a clarifying shampoo to try and remove some of the colour build up for a few weeks then test again x

Colour remover... She's has so much build up from the black, also by the sound of it she has been nearly every colour!

I think you're right to make her wait and try to improve the condition a bit more. Have you shown her the results of your strand tests?

If you lift out some of the colour and use a semi to tone down the warmth, that might be enough until the condition has improved.

Yerr I've shown her the stand test and said I'm only gonna be able to remove the colour... Which she seemed ok with, fingers cross it will come out a nice over all colour she can put up with until the condition is better :)

Latest posts

Back