Colour fading back too soon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grace_Hair

Reaction score
Hi. Could I have some advice.
My sisters colour is fading back too quickly. I use L'Oreal inoa and dialight and richesse.

She's a natural base 5/6 with 30% grey maybe less.

Last time she wanted to go darker. I used 4.3 fundamental and 315. I took this through the ends as I didn't have dark enough quasi and it needed refreshing.

Time before that I used 6.1 and 4.3, and 5.25 alternate sectioning and ran a dialight equivalent through to the ends.

It lifts back to a copper 7, especially on the ends.

Would it be worth prepigging it?

She washes her hair every 2nd/3rd day with a Fudge Colour Lock shampoo and conditioner.

I'm not sure which of Inoa,dialight and richesse are the permanents/quasi's, since I dont work with loreal so please forgive me!

But if you did keep combing through permanent , it can cause the colour will fade faster over time.

Stylist at a salon I'm in now CONSTANTLY comb through permanent that was left over from the roots, because client say the colour has faded (Coincidence)

It might be that her hair is old and the colours not grabbing like it would on new hair?

I've used both the quasi/permanent ran through ends and both faded back just as quickly as each other. Her hair isn't particularly porous. X

If its fading like that then her hair must be porous.

How long do you leave it on her ends for?

Yeah it is porous, but it's not really porous, like all the colour soaking in like it would on really porous hair.

Tend to leave the quasi for 15/20 minutes. Or the permanent for 10/15.

I wanna suggest pre-pigging as a solution? Oh a glossing service?

I'm probably wrong and Cams will correct me ;)

Yeah i think pre-pigging is worth a try, with a gloss after the prepig.

I'll have to try this on a client, thanks Cams!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1436286493.093432.jpg

So, going down to a base 4, for a beige or golden tone, I prepig with 6.3. I then apply a base 4. Then gloss over the top?

Am I understanding right?

Sorry i was speaking in wella terms with the glossing service

You'd need to prepig with a temp really thats whats going to stop fading due to the molecules.

Can you tell me about it, because I can look into getting some for my sister in the local salon services.

Okay, i was referring to the illumina glossing services. You mix 1 part illumina, to 1 part pastel developer and 1 part post service conditioner or SP colour save conditioner.

I'd pre pig with perfecton also.

I brought INOA in to my shop a few years back and switched some of my Redken fusion clients over to it. I found quite a few of clients with grey coming back 1st week because the color was not taking to the grey like a standard ammonia based color. I dropped INOA and stuck with my Redken. The pigment just wasn't strong enough for grey coverage plus its a mess with that oil you have to mix in to it.

You can pre pig with any type of colour, I don't know the specifics for loreal but you'd usually for permanant mix colour & warm water apply and dry in, then go over with your target, I've even used crazy colour to pre pig with excellent results

You can pre pig with any type of colour, I don't know the specifics for loreal but you'd usually for permanant mix colour & warm water apply and dry in, then go over with your target, I've even used crazy colour to pre pig with excellent results

Kahuna, I've never prepigged like this. Or been told this!!

Unfortunately, Inoa only do blue and green mix tones [emoji34]

Kahuna, I've never prepigged like this. Or been told this!!

Unfortunately, Inoa only do blue and green mix tones [emoji34]
Inoa is oil based so probably wouldn't be best to use water with it, if your going down to a 4 you could use pretty much anything in the Marjarel range, do u have maj? If it was me tho I'd use crazy red neat dry it on then apply target 4/?

Good point actually.
I don't have maj. But I have got Fudge Colour Cocktails.

Thanks.

Yeah ive used crazy colours to prepig with, and wella colour fresh and conditioner when in dire need. I bought some of that affinage quick pig spray and used it yesterday, seems alright its pretty easy to do a full head with so might be worth looking into that?

Latest posts

Back