Colour - help me!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What did she have on her hair before? Has just the length gone darker or the roots? I had a lady today where we felt the colour had build up and looked too flat, it was a base 4 but very flat meaning it looked darker, so I added the warmer tone I needed with 6% but I'd never use a quasi/Demi with 6% it technically wouldn't work anyway.

KP will be your best bet now, you don't need base, you have it already, just use the tone and 6% maybe even 9% to get a lil lift.

Cool never used 4 but remember that u have 2 use it with reds. Thx

You can use 4% for colour touch for a better blend with grey and for a more quasi colour. Longer lasting that way.
Also you can use 1.9 to refresh with the reds.

You can use 4% for colour touch for a better blend with grey and for a more quasi colour. Longer lasting that way.
Also you can use 1.9 to refresh with the reds.

Coool thx

We have an Asian lady booked in for extensions on Monday and she's just had her colour done by me. She's a natural base 5 and has fine hair. She wanted a bit more warmth ( which we needed to do because the hair was ordered before her colour was done!!?)
I used 5.75 In colour touch and her hair has come out jet black!! :O
Arrrrrgh! Whyyyy?! What should I dooooo? :,(

First, doooo? Whyyyyy? Are you 3?

Colour touch has its own developer like said. If its more of a 4 I would cleanse shampoo for one level lift.
If you usually use loreal did you not read the instructions in the book thoroughly?

Colour touch has its own developer like said. If its more of a 4 I would cleanse shampoo for one level lift.
If you usually use loreal did you not read the instructions in the book thoroughly?

I was going to say a deep cleansing shampoo, but it's not a quasi now is it because of the 6% so should still fade but maybe not as much

I was going to say a deep cleansing shampoo, but it's not a quasi now is it because of the 6% so should still fade but maybe not as much

I think technically it still is. Technically speaking the molecules in colour are made to be quazi. It's not the developer that makes it what it is its what's in the tube. It's like saying using koleston with 4% makes it a semi. Which it doesn't

I think technically it still is. Technically speaking the molecules in colour are made to be quazi. It's not the developer that makes it what it is its what's in the tube. It's like saying using koleston with 4% makes it a semi. Which it doesn't

Agreed, just that it may be wedged a bit better in the cuticle.

A cleanse shampoo made of bleach, shampoo and water can lift up to one shade and is why I recommended it to be used if its a base 4.

Hahaaa!
Funny! Gosh! I wish I had your sense of humour :)

It's more around a 3 tbh, she insisted her hair was virgin but her ends were slightly lighter..
In all honesty I thought asking the other stylists (who had used wella for years) would know a thing or two about it,, clearly they were wrong because they recommended using 20vol.
In any case, it doesn't explain why it came out so dark,

I'm just going to have to do a colour cleanse and hope for the best..

Hahaaa!

It's more around a 3 tbh, she insisted her hair was virgin but her ends were slightly lighter..
In all honesty I thought asking the other stylists (who had used wella for years) would know a thing or two about it,, clearly they were wrong because they recommended using 20vol.

It wasn't humour. :-l

Hahaaa!

My theory would be that because the hair was already porous, the 6% allowed the cuticle to open more than it should have for the colour touch creme and in Turn allowed too much colour into the hair. The over-deposit will have dulled the hair. Had it been used with the correct developer the colour would have been deposited to the correct layer of the hair and been truer to the swatch.

Hahaaa!

How does it not explain how it came out darker? You used the wrong developer with your colour.

My theory would be that because the hair was already porous, the 6% allowed the cuticle to open more than it should have for the colour touch creme and in Turn allowed too much colour into the hair. The over-deposit will have dulled the hair. Had it been used with the correct developer the colour would have been deposited to the correct layer of the hair and been truer to the swatch.

Yeah what you said scott! :-/

True I see what your saying.

But another way of looking at it would be that if the hair was virgin wouldnt the 6% lift a little bit of her natural undertone and produced a more warm reflect, hence making it just that bit lighter?

Correct me if I'm wrong. Please do. But Theres no need to make snidey comments because I used a few more 'y's than I should have.
I came on here asking for advice and Its things like this that make this site so bitchy.
I ****ed up. Like we all do sometimes, and I was only after a bit of guidance.
Okay?

So could it have kicked out a bit more of the undertone with 6%?

But another way of looking at it would be that if the hair was virgin wouldnt the 6% lift a little bit of her natural undertone and produced a more warm reflect, hence making it just that bit lighter?

Correct me if I'm wrong. Please do. But Theres no need to make snidey comments because I used a few more 'y's than I should have.
I came on here asking for advice and Its things like this that make this site so bitchy.
Okay?

A 6% will open the cuticle more than needed, a semi/demi tests on or just under the cuticle depending
Which you are using, because of the intense reflections of the colours under the cuticle often dulling and lightening base and tone so this is counteracted by being ever so slightly darker and more intense.
The 6 made it deposit too deep and counteracted the reflections that would have let the colour appear lighter.

As for the "snide" comments, there is an entire thread on how text language as well as stupid language is not liked or tolerated. I'm sorry you don't like to be told about it. W1lL tRy 2 rPlY lYk Di25 nXt Tym yE?

Wow. You just proved my point.

Okay?

Quazi colour, like colour touch, as a rule don't lift. The colour creme isn't capable of the lift. So technically speaking, the natural undertones kick off when there is lift. Even with 6% the cuticle would open but that isn't enough for hair to lift and glow with the undertones of its own, it would need the koleston to mix with the 6% to cause the chemical reaction needed for enough oxidation to occur for there to be lift of natural colour.

I hope that clarifies the situation. And your right everyone makes mistakes, so this will be a learning curve for you.

:)

Lol. Calm down people;b

Quazi colour, like colour touch, as a rule don't lift. The colour creme isn't capable of the lift. So technically speaking, the natural undertones kick off when there is lift. Even with 6% the cuticle would open but that isn't enough for hair to lift and glow with the undertones of its own, it would need the koleston to mix with the 6% to cause the chemical reaction needed for enough oxidation to occur for there to be lift of natural colour.

I hope that clarifies the situation. And your right everyone makes mistakes, so this will be a learning curve for you.

:)

Thanks for your help
I'll bear it mind! :)

I'd also do a cleanse and just lift very slightly, as it will be prone to fade anyway if porous and if her ends where already faded :lol:

Just a quick question.... If hair is bleached colour touch 1.9 should be used only?
4% will just over darken...

Latest posts

Back