Colour help with Kadus professional colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But it won't be yellow guys
It will just have a warm glow after bleach
Tell me what Kadus colour you would use as a toner please......!

Yeah the warmth will be very pale YELLOW.

I think you may need to go on some colour courses to brush up on your theory.

Yes know /6 is violet
It's why i used 10/16

But how do I use that to create a toner that I can use over bleach hair to neutralise the after bleach warm glow?

Yeah the warmth will be very pale YELLOW.

I think you may need to go on some colour courses to brush up on your theory.

Well I just passed with distinction at level 3 in everything

Theory is one thing

Applying it to the colour house is another

We get taught the theory
Then we taught the real life way
And they've always said the /81 gives a nice cool tone after bleach.

The bleach is a very cool bleach as well which makes a difference too.

Yes know /6 is violet
It's why i used 10/16

But how do I use that to create a toner that I can use over bleach hair to neutralise the after bleach warm glow?

Mix it with pastel...

Its not warm glow, we're professionals. Its very pale yellow.

Righty

So splodge a whole load of pure mix tone /6 and a load of pastel toner (which doesn't exist in Kadus btw)
And slap it on

I'm sure the result would be anything but COOL

Righty

So splodge a whole load of pure mix tone /6 and a load of pastel toner (which doesn't exist in Kadus btw)
And slap it on

I'm sure the result would be anything but COOL

No! 10/16.

@Absie, @cassies97 is a fabulous colourist. And VERY helpful when it comes to Wella. I wouldn't be rude if I were you.

She isn't going to tell you the answer. She's going to help you understand the answer.

I do think maybe you need a refresher. L'Oreal do something called colour keys, maybe Wella or Kadus have something similar. It will be more targeted to the colour line you're using now rather than a general one like NVQ

@Absie, @cassies97 is a fabulous colourist. And VERY helpful when it comes to Wella. I wouldn't be rude if I were you.

She isn't going to tell you the answer. She's going to help you understand the answer.

I do think maybe you need a refresher. L'Oreal do something called colour keys, maybe Wella or Kadus have something similar. It will be more targeted to the colour line you're using now rather than a general one like NVQ
I wasn't aware j was being rude... Sarcastic yes!
I asked a question
And didn't get a response time and time again.
Of course I'm greatful for everyone weighing in.
I guess I struggle with short one sentence answer that five a little more information but leave me absolutely stumped still.... It does really help me but baffle me instead.
But giving me the answer means I can work back and work out why... It doesn't mean I simply go away and do not think about it again.
Ive never had to tone hair...!
Shocking maybe but true!

It's all done now
We decided not to lighten to anywhere near a ten for personal reasons
I did a Balyage with bleach using 3% on Mids and 6% on ends

So it's still very warm

I had no clue what to tone with as its prolly still a level 8.

But rest assured people
Im not going to be working on anymore clients as I've Completely lost any confidence i had.

I will just try and find an I salon job again

This is really helpful info thanks.
I'm interested when you say...'so you tone it with violet in a strength the exact same range as the pale yellow you're trying to tone out'
How do I go about researching and studying this for future...?

It's when you talk about the exact degree of toner that I'm intrigued as in unaware of this.
Thanks

Yeah their soft ash cendre is a mixture of blue-violet ash and it creates a lovely minky colour. Its my favourite tone.

No just wella that is.

I know your not suppose to but 12/61 goes gorgeous as a toner that lovely pinky mink!

Tbh... I hope Daniels comment made sense to you. It's completely confused me!!

Tbh... I hope Daniels comment made sense to you. It's completely confused me!!
read the last bit hehehehehe that should un-confuse you, dismiss the rest of it lol

Yes thst does make more sence...I thought perhaps you had this scientific mix ratio hidden somewhere...lol
Unfortunately I csnt get hold of the Perfecton toners which were used in college...(only sold direct from Wella) we had a diagram to show which you used and in what intensity/dilution depending on what level/where on the lightening scale you had lifted to.
And so without any of that...I'm a little baffled as to what I can do.
But thanks for helping...I loved the..inside of a banana bit...that will really help me visualise the pale yellow!

I like you found it really hard at first visualising and then coming up with a ratio as everyone sees colours differently it alright saying pale yellow use this formula, orange use this one so having names and coming on here has really helped! With practice i got there sometimes I still doubt my self and go over things about a 1000 times in my head.

With kadus if it's the same numbering system as wella take a look at this thread

http://www.salongeek.com/threads/wella-thread.285086/

Really helpful for all info regarding tones and colours!

Also @cassies97 is the wella geek and the go to if you have any queries I personally think there's not a question she can't answer in regards to wella!

Really don't let this knock your confidence everyone here is willing to help anyone that is egear to learn and has their own ideas about how to approach it may it be wrong or heading in the right direction it's all about learning about new things and also where you've gone wrong. I don't think even the best hairdressers can say they still aren't learning new things!

I like you found it really hard at first visualising and then coming up with a ratio as everyone sees colours differently it alright saying pale yellow use this formula, orange use this one so having names and coming on here has really helped! With practice i got there sometimes I still doubt my self and go over things about a 1000 times in my head.

With kadus if it's the same numbering system as wella take a look at this thread

http://www.salongeek.com/threads/wella-thread.285086/

Really helpful for all info regarding tones and colours!

Also @cassies97 is the wella geek and the go to if you have any queries I personally think there's not a question she can't answer in regards to wella!

Really don't let this knock your confidence everyone here is willing to help anyone that is egear to learn and has their own ideas about how to approach it may it be wrong or heading in the right direction it's all about learning about new things and also where you've gone wrong. I don't think even the best hairdressers can say they still aren't learning new things!

Latest posts

Back