Colour placement

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulette

Reaction score
Hi all I've a client who wants her hair coloured, she wants a base 5 colour her natural base is a 6, then some lighter pieces around the front/sides, an 8 range.

Previously I Weaved about 8 packets in the sides but it didn't really show up within her hair as her hair is thick and long with a full fringe.

This time I'm thinking to do panels/slices, it can't be too crazy as her job won't allow too much going on if that makes sense!
Can anyone give me any ideas on placement? I want it to show up as the colour itself we used was lovely just got "lost" in her hair. She wants to keep the lighter colour underneath I.e not right on the very top.

Hope this makes sense and someone can advise me a bit! as not worked in a salon for a good few years. She is my friends daughter and was happy last time anyway but this time I'd like to get a better result.

Thanks

Have u heard of the technique balayage?
Its a placement of lighter colour (highlights) without using packets, just using a free hand technique. Tou do not have to go through the t section with this. Its a really natural sunkissed sort of look but if applied a bit chunkier can be more noticable. You place the lightner where you want so you can make it as light/dark/ streaky or natural as you want. Do a search on here and on youtube there is some great tutorials.
x

Kind Regards,
Ellis @EHB

I would take a small section on top and clip away, (with you saying her his is very thick, don't section too much as they will just be hidden) you could slice with foils, or as above said, use the balayage technique, u can see exactly where the lighter pieces would be xx

I would do lots of fine foils through the underneath maybe 10-20 on each side
Tone the roots with a 7 level to get rid of any harsh lines and to soften the look

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392293359.319116.jpg sorry for the awful photo but place like this

Thanks everyone. Yes I had an idea about balyage, or doing slices at the angle shown in the picture (thanks for that)
I guess I'll just see how it pans out on the morning!!! I'll take another good look at her hair and make the decision.
Off to watch some balyage you tube clips!

Latest posts

Back