Colour pops

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paula's beauty

Reaction score
Does Vinylux set without top coat? I'm doing colour pops so do I need to apply top coat or can I get away with just colour?
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I just put my normal top coat on it instead of vinylux topcoat x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi Paula, from my experience with vinylux you will need to apply the top coat to give it the gloss and shine,the polish will set but look some what dull with out It. Hth xx

Hi Paula, from my experience with vinylux you will need to apply the top coat to give it the gloss and shine,the polish will set but look some what dull with out It. Hth xx

Does it really matter as it's only on colour pops it won't be worn or put in water or anything. Also, my usual top coat is just as shiny x

If clear pops why not try putting the colour underneath so you get the shine from the pop itself :biggrin:

Does it really matter as it's only on colour pops it won't be worn or put in water or anything. Also, my usual top coat is just as shiny x

If your showing clients colour pops, it's nice for them to see this with the shine/gloss on them (IMO) I'm sure any top coat will achieve this too, I thought you was asking for advise on colour only, no top coat at all xx

If your showing clients colour pops, it's nice for them to see this with the shine/gloss on them (IMO) I'm sure any top coat will achieve this too, I thought you was asking for advise on colour only, no top coat at all xx

I'm not the OP ;) but yes I do agree it is good for them to see the shine, that's why I suggested any topcoat will do for colour pops but really vinylux is probably about the same price anyway so it's much of a muchness :) x

How do you guys organise your colour pops? I want to do layers, additives etc but worried unless i actually number them I won't know which is which, when the client chooses! :o
I was thinking of numbering them behind the pop? Any other ideas to avoid embarressment?! ;)

Hi I use a label gun. Get it from eBay. It's a small strip of sticky backed paper and u type in what you want. I usually just write the name and colour used for the pop. It looks meet and tidy and it stays on and is easy to read x

That sounds amazing! Do you have a brand or picture? I bet there is thousands on eBay so any pointers would be brilliant! :) thanks!

How do you guys organise your colour pops? I want to do layers, additives etc but worried unless i actually number them I won't know which is which, when the client chooses! :o
I was thinking of numbering them behind the pop? Any other ideas to avoid embarressment?! ;)

Hi, I number mine on the back and then have a book with what I used, I have a page for every colour wheel and number the wheels and then number the designs individually on the back x

I paint on the underside of the colourpop so don't need a top coat. For labelling I use small white stickers and put the initials of the colours and an 'a' in brackets if it's an additive.

I used to use numbers but find this easier as I don't need to keep referring to a book which kept going walkabouts! :)

I'll have a look in the morning for you. I'll also post a picture of how mine look x

I use a brother p touch 1000 labeling machine. I by 6mm black on clear tape for it and use that to label my pops. I then have my pops in bunches. I use CND Shellac so the first bunch is the colour on its own. Second bunch is layering, then I have a bunch for foils, glitters, additives and nail art. I also use colour wheels but they are easy enough to determine what I've used because I make sure the wheel is used for only the one layering colour eg iced coral, so all I have to do is turn it over the determine what my base colour was.

HTH xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1379764291.865305.jpg

This is what mine look like... Trying to find it on eBay for you x

If you type in to eBay 'dymo labeller handheld' it'll come up with a load. Some come with stickers, some u may need to purchase separately so just check the description. I use it for all sorts of things like labelling up bottles with expiry dates etc. especially my tanning solution x

Not sure if you saw by I've posted a picture and underneath is the detail you need to type into eBay Hun x x

Yes got it thank you! Thanks so much I'm in labelling heaven on eBay! Can't wait to get one now! :)

Latest posts

Back