Colour pro advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chloe30

Reaction score
Hi hair pros,

I would be very grateful of some colour advice.

I have light blonde hair, I'll attach a photo, but I'm not keen on the shade, I'd love it slightly lighter like the attached picture. Is there anyway to do this without bleach, and would it wreck my hair if bleach is the only option. My hair isn't in bad condition, but a few years ago I had a disaster whole living in Asia, and trying to go slightly lighter they burnt all my hair off :( so I'm a little cautious. I obviously would get this done professionally, but would love some advice before I bite the bullet. Thank you in advance :)

Chloe xx

Last edited:
also my hair is a mid/light brown naturally, if that matters :)

Your hair is quite yellow in tone, you could improve it by changing the tone of the tint. It all depends what you colour you've been using and what colour you are naturally. The most lift you can expect to get is 4 shades with high-lift tint but different tints make the blond appear different. The forum rules are strict about advising non-professionals. My advice would be be go in to a few different salons for a consultation, in the meantime use a violet/silver shampoo and conditioner which will kill the yellow. My hunch is that you will need a few bleach highlights to achieve the photo's blond but that's is hard to say without seeing your hair, bleach can be done gently, it all depends on the condition of your hair to begin with X

Goodness, that must have been a very stressful experience for you.
However, I can partially understand it, if the hairdresser you went to didn't have much experience of lightening Caucasian hair. Asian hair has a different texture and the cuticle layer is far thicker so it needs a different stronger lightener product to lift it to blonde. If they used a similar mix on Caucasian hair, I'm not surprised it snapped off.

The fact is, bleach is actually far less damaging than high lift tints assuming the colourist is a competent professional so visit a few salons and ask for a free consultation and see what they advise. As the previous poster mentions, you might be ok with just a good toner.

Make sure they insist on you having a skin test at least 48 hours beforehand. That will help to ensure the salon you choose puts the best interests of the clients before profit!

Latest posts

Back