Colour question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Victoria N

Reaction score
Hi can you help me please. I have a client with a root smudge and balayage. She is a natural level 7. She attended another hairdresser and had bleach highlights before the balayage. At the salon they told her they would use wella illumnia 7 base and 781 and bleach ...they then toned the hair, the end result was a warm root and green ends. She went back and they done a bleach wash which lifted the green ends and applied a warm 7 to the root. The results after four weeks and her coming to me was a ginger root smudge ...which is about 3 inch long and the rest looks blonde. She quite liked the ends but wanted a more ash root smudge. So I have done 7/0 and 7/1 in kadus with 20 vol. Whilst it's killed a lot of the orange tone the root is still quite warm. Any ideas about how I can make this more ash for her please....if if tone with a demi permanant ash do you think I would achieve better results with a level 6 or 7....thanks in advance for your help.

Schwarzkopf silverwhites? They are intermixable too they are specially formulated for very ash, or Schwarzkopf 8.11 with 6.12 after highlights on wet hair for a few minutes blending to a 9 1/2.1 vibrance on ends? X

Kadus is wella product isn't it?

Do you know what, I love wella. But absolutely hate their 7's. They just give never ending problems. Have you ever seen a faded wella 7.3? Its karky!
I would drop down to 6.1 maybe put a dot of 7 in. Literally a dot. Sometimes you just need that depth to help you along a little.

Kadus and Wella are sister companies

When they did a 7/ and 7/81 it should have been a fairly neutral natural colour

If her hair is orange is it possible it’s more a level 6?

You need a blue to neutralise orange- ash is grey so won’t do the job.

So even a level 6 mixed with one their blue mix tones

6/1 will soften some of the warmth

I would use illumina 7/81 and 6/16 that's super ashy x

Thanks for all your help and advice. Before I'd seen all these I dropped to a 6/16 with a small amount of 7/81 and 20 vol, combed the sections through with a wow comb and it looked really nice ...but now she has said after three washes the warmth is coming through again. Is it worth trying a blue tone to kill this orange and what would that be? Ohhh mannn this colour!! Thanks guys xx

Hi i would use 7/1 in the colour touch with 3% or the 13 vol in colour touch lotion

I think the 20vol is pulling to warm

Thanks s much for your help xx

I agree maybe a lower peroxide and a tiny bit of 5/81?

Hi, I am having the same problem.
I have a client who has previous had bleach foils at another salon.
3 weeks ago I did a root smudge of 7.0/7.1 wella CT. I then did some babylights after to brake up any lines.

She has now messaged me to say her roots have gone warm/‘ginger’ I have seen the picture and her roots are warm.

What would anyone suggest to use to neutralize this? I am wanting to use 7.81 illumina but I’m worried it will go green?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi can you help me please. I have a client with a root smudge and balayage. She is a natural level 7. She attended another hairdresser and had bleach highlights before the balayage. At the salon they told her they would use wella illumnia 7 base and 781 and bleach ...they then toned the hair, the end result was a warm root and green ends. She went back and they done a bleach wash which lifted the green ends and applied a warm 7 to the root. The results after four weeks and her coming to me was a ginger root smudge ...which is about 3 inch long and the rest looks blonde. She quite liked the ends but wanted a more ash root smudge. So I have done 7/0 and 7/1 in kadus with 20 vol. Whilst it's killed a lot of the orange tone the root is still quite warm. Any ideas about how I can make this more ash for her please....if if tone with a demi permanant ash do you think I would achieve better results with a level 6 or 7....thanks in advance for your help.
/1 is green based in wella. So what you need is something with /86 or /89 in it. Try 7/89 instead.
Hi, I am having the same problem.
I have a client who has previous had bleach foils at another salon.
3 weeks ago I did a root smudge of 7.0/7.1 wella CT. I then did some babylights after to brake up any lines.

She has now messaged me to say her roots have gone warm/‘ginger’ I have seen the picture and her roots are warm.

What would anyone suggest to use to neutralize this? I am wanting to use 7.81 illumina but I’m worried it will go green?

Any help would be much appreciated.

7/1 isn't a tone correcting colour, it only subdues warmth. I would use colour touch 7/89. The reason you're still seeing warmth is because /1 doesn't neutralise orange nor yellow tones. You could use 7/81 illumina but you'd have to add 8/69 and a bit of 6/16 to add violet and keep it a base 7.

Latest posts

Back