Colour science...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluerinse

Reaction score
So i know I'm not the only geeky one when it comes to colour but does anyone else "get" colour ? I mean seriously get it?

Before salon geek I would say my colouring was basic but the amount of knowledge I have learned from yourself especially and fellow geeks has been amazing I "get" colour so much more now so thank you :) <3

I feel I still have a lot to learn about colour, this site helps me so much!!

I feel I still have a lot to learn about colour, this site helps me so much!!

What do you feel you lack confidence or knowledge in? X

Well I'm not sure really, I think it's confidence. Sometimes I feel like I need someone to say "yes that's right" lol I worry to much lol x

So i know I'm not the only geeky one when it comes to colour but does anyone else "get" colour ? I mean seriously get it?

110%... From ever angle and aspect. ;)

Well I'm not sure really, I think it's confidence. Sometimes I feel like I need someone to say "yes that's right" lol I worry to much lol x

That's what I'm like sometimes it's like I already know the answer but just want someone to confirm it x

Wish I was that confident! Lol x

I "get" things like the colour wheel, base shades, neutralising/enhancing and undertones to a level that I can explain it to someone else. I sometimes just sit and read through the colour query threads to pick up tips and ways I've not tried.

I think some colour correction I'm still a bit unsure of. Like if a person wants to go from warm to ash or vice versa I'm not overly confident that I would go about it correctly without ending up with khaki or something!

If your guy tells you something go with... It's more logical than your brain x

I'm exactly like that, most of the time when I worked in the salon, the girls would suggest using colours and I would tell them no it won't work that's wrong, but they never listened to me. And surprise surprise it went wrong and I had to fix it lol x

I "get" things like the colour wheel, base shades, neutralising/enhancing and undertones to a level that I can explain it to someone else. I sometimes just sit and read through the colour query threads to pick up tips and ways I've not tried.

I think some colour correction I'm still a bit unsure of. Like if a person wants to go from warm to ash or vice versa I'm not overly confident that I would go about it correctly without ending up with khaki or something!

Easy! You have to cleanse the tone out first so use bleach and earn water a shampoo, rub through as a shampoo which will remove tone then go over with the desired tone

Make sense or confused you more? X

i understand primary , secondary and complementary colours , the colour wheel what colour suits what skin tone , how to mix colours how to apply colours and colour correction , BUT like the others said its nice to have some reassurance and help from fellow geeks as i believe no one knows everything we never stop learning , thats why this site is sooooo helpful i wish i had it when i was training xxx

Easy! You have to cleanse the tone out first so use bleach and earn water a shampoo, rub through as a shampoo which will remove tone then go over with the desired tone

Make sense or confused you more? X

No, that makes perfect sense. I've used Effasor and understand the search cleanse v deep cleanse but never really been confident other than if someone is wanting to go lighter!

Just never really done it with just a bleach bath.

Thanks for the advice :)

No, that makes perfect sense. I've used Effasor and understand the search cleanse v deep cleanse but never really been confident other than if someone is wanting to go lighter!

To be fair I don't use things like effasor, I use true light white by Tigi with warm water and 3 squirts deep cleanse shampoo, massage through and your fine. Always shampoo out like normal 2 times to really remove thr bleach, condition then apply porosity equaliser spray before blow drying x

Blue can you explain all the bleach terms for instance the difference between stripping,bleach cleanse,bleach bath etc,do you always use shampoo and water in bleach as I normally just use water x

To be fair I don't use things like effasor, I use true light white by Tigi with warm water and 3 squirts deep cleanse shampoo, massage through and your fine. Always shampoo out like normal 2 times to really remove thr bleach, condition then apply porosity equaliser spray before blow drying x

Definitely think a lot of my mental blocks are just confidence from not doing it too often. More reason to get back into a salon!

Blue can you explain all the bleach terms for instance the difference between stripping,bleach cleanse,bleach bath etc,do you always use shampoo and water in bleach as I normally just use water x

All mean the same, just not so scary in front if clients, so I always say colour cleanse, or tone cleanse, day strip the freak out! And then if they ask(as they do) ate you using a stripper you can say no ;) yes always add shampoo, dilutes it more and shampoo opens the cuticle that little bitveasiervto remove tone c

All mean the same, just not so scary in front if clients, so I always say colour cleanse, or tone cleanse, day strip the freak out! And then if they ask(as they do) ate you using a stripper you can say no ;) yes always add shampoo, dilutes it more and shampoo opens the cuticle that little bitveasiervto remove tone c

Ahhh will have to add a spot of shampoo in future then :) great thread x

I would say 95%. I'm always looking for more to learn though, I drive myself and the technical helpline mad with questions I probably don't even need to know the answers to!x

Latest posts

Back