Colour science...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really confident but have a boss who makes you do things their way and it always ends up wrong and they say "it's on their head so do it their way" (screaming and stomping feet in my head).stupid things like they don't like foil and flood method they don't understand when you use ash instead of violet etc. !!!!!!, arrrrgggghhhhh. Great topic blue. Xxx

I had a boss like the post above its horrible always knocking you down x

I'm really confident but have a boss who makes you do things their way and it always ends up wrong and they say "it's on their head so do it their way" (screaming and stomping feet in my head).stupid things like they don't like foil and flood method they don't understand when you use ash instead of violet etc. !!!!!!, arrrrgggghhhhh. Great topic blue. Xxx

Tell em to go **** themself! Lol I hate bosses like this x

Almost. But I'm always on here to check out new ideas, find something new and sometimes to ask a few questions xoxo

That was like me when I worked in salon I was taught and told to tint first then rinse dry and do meshes/foils until using salon geek that's when I found out about this flooding lol so I do that now cos I'm mobile and it's so much better less time consuming and less colour x

I'm great with colour theory but I think where I fall down is colour placement don't get me wrong I no loads of methods but creating new ones is what let's me down guess I just get stuck In a rut and it doesn't help I don't colour much in my salon but since changing to copyright colour I'm beginning to get excited by colour again and been doing a lot more :D x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I get it :) I think it's because I paint in my spare time and have since I was about 11. Gives you an eye for colour. I was colouring on the salon floor from about 6 months into level two and choosing my own colours etc. I just love colour and being creative be it on a canvas or a head lol

i understand primary , secondary and complementary colours , the colour wheel what colour suits what skin tone , how to mix colours how to apply colours and colour correction , BUT like the others said its nice to have some reassurance and help from fellow geeks as i believe no one knows everything we never stop learning , thats why this site is sooooo helpful i wish i had it when i was training xxx

Same here! I wish I used a better colour line so I could practice all the tips & tricks on here but funds are stopping me at the mo ): love reading all the colour threads even if I don't know what colours they are haha! Would love to use wella but I'm allergic to it ): xx

I don't as you all know haha anyway ill ask something some people mix koleston with color touch as toner is that ok? I mean if yes will your insurance cover for it? Thanksss

I get bleach (and love the stuff lol) I get wella colours I have an understanding in matrix but not 100%

I don't as you all know haha anyway ill ask something some people mix koleston with color touch as toner is that ok? I mean if yes will your insurance cover for it? Thanksss

Hell no ! Dont intermix

No I don't think they do :s x

Same here! I wish I used a better colour line so I could practice all the tips & tricks on here but funds are stopping me at the mo ): love reading all the colour threads even if I don't know what colours they are haha! Would love to use wella but I'm allergic to it ): xx

Wella is boring compared to TIGI copyright x

I'm great with colour theory but I think where I fall down is colour placement don't get me wrong I no loads of methods but creating new ones is what let's me down guess I just get stuck In a rut and it doesn't help I don't colour much in my salon but since changing to copyright colour I'm beginning to get excited by colour again and been doing a lot more :D x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Yay! I've got you more creative! X

Being a colour tech and not a stylist I'm all but consumed by colour. I love it. I enjoy my range, as a trainee I loved learning the theory as much as the practical! Read read read it pays off!

I missed hairdressing so much when I ha 6 months off to have my daughter!

I am starting the wella master colour course in 2013 and bloomin' cannot wait. I get colour-but by the end of next year once I've done my course I will really really get colour :p

Think blue is getting at that tigi is all intermixable so thousands of colour

I love colour and i'm very confident with it but I remember a good 20 years ago when I was a junior it terrified me!lol Once I got experience though it all fell into place. Xxx:)

Think blue is getting at that tigi is all intermixable so thousands of colour

So is wella but you can't mix a semi with a permanent is what the guy was asking.

Mix master can be used on its own... Without fading! High lift can be used with gloss/semi permanent everything with everything! No rules about limited amounts of mix master... You can use as much as you want :) x

Latest posts

Back