Colour science...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tint between foils

Wella replied to my email and said its not recommended to toner the hair with. 12/ as its high lift tint and so many people told me to use it lol

Wella replied to my email and said its not recommended to toner the hair with. 12/ as its high lift tint and so many people told me to use it lol

I did tell you all it's wrong!

I did tell you all it's wrong!

Yes u did... But I know lots guys that work in Toni guy they use it not in the salon just outside and some other hairdressers told me they use it too and wella said u can't as the pigment is very intense and you may over tone the hair and create porosity :).

Yes u did... But I know lots guys that work in Toni guy they use it not in the salon just outside and some other hairdressers told me they use it too and wella said u can't as the pigment is very intense and you may over tone the hair and create porosity :).

That's the problem Thiago, when you get people telling you different things, it gets confusing, but Blue knows what he is talking about :)

That's the problem Thiago, when you get people telling you different things, it gets confusing, but Blue knows what he is talking about :)

Wish people would listen, most seem to think there training was the B all and end all x

Yeah u get confused when someone tell u something ad all the rest does it so I just emailed them and asked. And a lot hairdresser mix koleston with color touch and u can't neither its so crazy lol

Wish people would listen, most seem to think there training was the B all and end all x

Frustrating for you but your advice is invaluable so don't stop! X

Frustrating for you but your advice is invaluable so don't stop! X

Seriously... My OH goes mad at me cause i take poor training to heart and get quite annoyed/frustrated by it x

We all have to start somewhere and if we don't ask the questions then we will never know the answers :)

We all have to start somewhere and if we don't ask the questions then we will never know the answers :)

Ohh definitely but when some advice falls on deaf ears xx

Ohh definitely but when some advice falls on deaf ears xx

But if several people told me I couldn't do something and several people told me I could then chances are I would be confused and maybe fire off an email to the manufacturer.:) although sometimes I do get concerned about the lack of basic knowledge on here sometimes :-;

I have no patience I don't colour anymore and even I look at half the stuff posted on here and think RAAAAAARGH who the hell trained you !!!!!!!???

I quite like the fact thaigo goes to the manufacturer for the end advice, I don't think I've once contacted any of the manufacturers i have used. They are the ones who give the be all and end all of what you can and can't do, and with so many people giving contradictory information(I know blue is almost always right, but he's one of the few, so sorry blue I can understand how thaigo, and others are going to believe something 4/5 people have said versus something one person said, even though the majority are wrong)
Xoxo

I think with salon geek your never going to get all the same answers though as everyone is trained different and what works for them and their brand doesn't for someone else so I wouldn't shoot down anyone who's says different advice which I think on here right now is really bad and it's getting to the point even I am getting a bit scared to give my advice x

I think with salon geek your never going to get all the same answers though as everyone is trained different and what works for them and their brand doesn't for someone else so I wouldn't shoot down anyone who's says different advice which I think on here right now is really bad and it's getting to the point even I am getting a bit scared to give my advice x

I agree with that exactly lots of people have been trained different, and that doesnt mean that they've been taught wrong and should be ridiculed for it, but I do agree that sometimes people should try take in the advice that's been given them even if it not what they want to do, but telling some one they been trained the wrong way is abit harsh because a lot people come in here for answers and not to be shot down. But your right in the sense of some people do need to take advice given if they think it's a better way doing like that if you get me x

Definitely for instance if I ask a question about a colour then I take all the answers on board and then I decide which I think will be best for me iv been recommended colours on here before that haven't worked for me now that doesn't mean that person was wrong or trained wrong it just means that colour didn't work for me xx

Latest posts

Back