Colour test

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natsel

Reaction score
Hi all, I've had a client come to me requesting a full head colour, I've done a consultation with her today and have done an allergy test on her .( I use igora) going by the manufacturing instructions and carried the test out on the inside of her elbow . She hasn't had a reaction , but she's told me she has flair ups of eczema on her scalp , I've checked her scalp but there is no sign of it on there , but I noticed around her ears and the tops of her ears she has broken skin .
I've told her I'm not prepared to colour her hair even though the skin test has been ok , she's not best pleased because she's told me she's used wash in wash out colours on her hair before .and not had a reaction .
I've advised her that I can do a full head of foils instead ?

Do you think this would be ok to do and have I done the right thing by advising against a full head application ?

Maybe use barrier cream on too of her ears? But she needs to be honest if she has had flare up during colour or after

Maybe use barrier cream on too of her ears? But she needs to be honest if she has had flare up during colour or after

No! Never use any chemicals on broken skin, barrier cream or not, the cream will wash off while shampooing and if there are any open wounds, which the OP states there are, the colour will seep into the open wounds causing the client to fly through the roof ftom burning.

I personally wouldn't put any colour near her head, it's a disaster waiting to happen x.

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back