Colour Touch

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

discohair

Reaction score
I took a client from blonde to a dark blonde pre pigging with koleston. The colour came out lovely but has now faded a little, leaving the gold from the pre pig showing through. My question is, if I use 8/38 colour touch will it be too gold? I was thinking of mixing equal amounts 8/0 and 8/38 colour touch, any advice would be appreciated.

Hi, I'm not an expert on Wella but would imagine if the hair is looking quite gold at the moment then putting more gold into it isn't the best idea...

Can I ask why you would use 8/38?

It's not really that gold just slightly, I don't want it to go too flat or kharki so thought I'd need some gold again and the 8 in 8/38 is the secondary tone is a soft ash. Hope that makes sense! If I just apply a flat 8 it'll go too flat and if I apply a 8/3 it'll be too gold so was thinking 8/38 and 8/0?

Thanks beckstar, I've already brought 8/38, maybe I could swap it. I think I'm over thinking things as usual!
Do u think 8/0 and 8/38 would be ok though?

I think the 8/0 and 8/38 will be fine then, the 8/0 will help to flatten it a bit so not to make it too gold.

I do that too with colour sometimes, over think it until you get completely lost!

It's not really that gold just slightly, I don't want it to go too flat or kharki so thought I'd need some gold again and the 8 in 8/38 is the secondary tone is a soft ash. Hope that makes sense! If I just apply a flat 8 it'll go too flat and if I apply a 8/3 it'll be too gold so was thinking 8/38 and 8/0?

Yes your right to add more gold. I used wella for quite a few years and they are very Matt Ash based. I'm surprised actually that its faded gold usually they fade Kharki. It's right to use colour touch kolleston would probably fade more. You might find that it takes a few goes to get the colour retention your after, I would explain that to your client. But I don't think 8/38 is a bad choice it should come out nice and natural.

Just to let you know how it turned out. I mixed 12grams 8/0 and 15grams 8/38, it really didn't look that much different, not a horrible colour but very subtle, think I'll drop it down to a 7/0 next time. X

Thought it was best to put a slight redish tone in when going from blonde to dark? This counter acts the ash tone...

Thought it was best to put a slight redish tone in when going from blonde to dark? This counter acts the ash tone...

Not if you're only dropping to a level 8 x

Just to let you know how it turned out. I mixed 12grams 8/0 and 15grams 8/38, it really didn't look that much different, not a horrible colour but very subtle, think I'll drop it down to a 7/0 next time. X

Be careful if your dropping to a 7 as you will prob get some ash thrown out I would not put base in if I was doing it myself. I would only use the fashion shade and keep it warm, not red or copper but the /7 shades are good for colouring over blonde.

Thanks smuff, good advice. What depth do you think is needed to get that rich shine? I'm thinking a 6 or below.

Thanks smuff, good advice. What depth do you think is needed to get that rich shine? I'm thinking a 6 or below.

I think a 6 is dark enough. Hope it goes ok. I do love colour touch its amazing semi colour. 👌

Latest posts

Back