Coloured or clear Gelish/Shellac for rockstar?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ginalhaytonxx

Reaction score
Do people put glitter over clear or over a colour matching the glitter? I find the glitter looks fine over clear but find that people charge more for rockstar so I was thinking people must use a colour then the glitter as well rather than just the glitter on its own?

I use shellac and do the usual base, 2 x colour then top.

When doing rockstars, I try to match the colours so, if using purple glitter, I'd use purple purple shellac, white glitter I'd use cream puff, and so on.

I find that doing it over clear means that some glitters, whilst still pretty and very sparkly, just don't have enough colour to really pop, if you know what I mean? I just feel that it gives the finished look more depth.

I use a matching colour underneath my glitter layer too x

I always use a matching colour under the glitter usually just one coat.
After the glitter I use 1coat of my sheer pink (Gelish) then my Top it Off topcoat, rather than 2 coats of topcoat to make sure the surface is smooth,then it will come off easier.

After the glitter I use 1coat of my sheer pink (Gelish) then my Top it Off topcoat, rather than 2 coats of topcoat to make sure the surface is smooth,then it will come off easier.

Do you have 2 bottles of sheer one for glitter & one for normal?

Do you have 2 bottles of sheer one for glitter & one for normal?
No...that is all I use it for most of my clients prefer Ambience when getting
A French. Although I could still use it as I don't really get any glitter transfer to the brush anyway.

as per izzi except using shellac.

i have started to use zillionaire, mother of pearl or clearly pink as my glitter seal and then 1 top coat as i would never use these up otherwise.

That's a good idea Finn, I'm going to start doing that too I think! X

Latest posts

Back