Coloured uv gel polish advise

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mollylolly

Reaction score
Good morning Geeks

I wonder if someone can give me a little advise.

I currently use NCO London buff off UV gel polish (buff off), and have done so for several months and find that myself and my clients love it. However, one of my new clients has seen another colour from a different manufacturer that she would like to try. I don't really want to buy a whole new system, i.e. primer, base, top coat, just for this one client, so my question is, can you use the primer, base and top coat from one company, but the coloured gel polish from another.

I know that acrylic products from different manufacturers should never be mixed, but wondered if it would do any harm just to use the coloured UV polish from a different company.

Your thoughts, advise would be appreciated.

Sally X

Good morning Geeks

I wonder if someone can give me a little advise.

I currently use NCO London buff off UV gel polish (buff off), and have done so for several months and find that myself and my clients love it. However, one of my new clients has seen another colour from a different manufacturer that she would like to try. I don't really want to buy a whole new system, i.e. primer, base, top coat, just for this one client, so my question is, can you use the primer, base and top coat from one company, but the coloured gel polish from another.

I know that acrylic products from different manufacturers should never be mixed, but wondered if it would do any harm just to use the coloured UV polish from a different company.

Your thoughts, advise would be appreciated.

Sally X

YOu are not MIXING when you do something like this. When they say don't mix systems it means using one monomer with another brand of powder.

You can use your system and I suggest laying down a thin layer of clear or base coat gel first from your own system .. then lay your colour from the 'other' system over that. In this way you are mixing nothing and all acrylic based gels will stick to another.

I would only buy the colour and I would make your client pay for it if she wants a special .. and don't forget to add some on for profit for you. Then keep it in your salon for her exclusive use.

I use mainly Akzentz but use another brand of colour gels (Light Elegance) cos Akzentz only do soak off colours and i like buff off gels....and i just sandwich the colour between my Akzentz...it works perfectly....I build with Akzentz....wipe and buff to shape...then apply the Light Elegance color gels...and top off with Akzentz topgloss.....I also have a NCO London gel (golden plum...clients love it) and i use that the same way with no probs. x

Thank you very much Geeg and Bagpuss for your superqick replies, it is really appreciated. I thought I might be OK to sandwich another brand of UV Gel Polish inbetween my current brand of gel, but just needed to be sure.

Geeg, I will charge the client for the gel and tell her it will be kept exclusive for her use only - a brilliant idea thank you.

Bagpuss, Golden Plum is one of my clients favorites as well as Red Jewels.. I have just bought the Ruby Sparkle which is lovely on its own or over black night which I did for a client and they looked fab.

Thank you again
Sally XXX

Latest posts

Back