Colouring Balmain Extensions help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuzion

Reaction score
Boo hoo! I've had a pants day )-:
I have a new client, not totally new as trimmed her hair a few time, Brazilianed it etc, but never coloured until last week. She's not been happy with her usual hairdresser so asked me to step in, she was happy with the results. Anyway she asked me to fit some extensions, which I advised against pre bonded or micro rings as her hair is very fragile and thin, but Balmain had literally just rung and told me about their new Easy Volume tape extensions, so I thought these would be suitable, but bloody Balmain don't do the usual colours in this range and will only send samples with your first order, so I ordered Level 10, to colour it. I colour her hair Affinage 10.32 , put this on the extensions with 3% and it went khaki! It was also to light, tried 9.3 3% too dark, 6% to light aargh!!! I eventually did some parts 9.3 with a mix if 3% and 6% plus some in 9.035, seemed ok. Fitted them today and now they look to dark I'm not to concerned as they'll probably lighten, but my client isn't happy as I couldn't dye where the tape is and they are still level 10(613), she feels they are noticeable. I'm going back tomorrow to try to get as close to the tape as possible, they come with a guard so there are a few mm to colour, but I know I can't go over the tape, don't know what to do ???

Any help on either y colour was such a pain or if you've coloured tape extensions or Balmain. I feel really down about it as spent quite a few hours dying these at my own cost then charged £45 to fit them but feel I should refund client.

Sorry to ramble and sorry for rubbish text I'm on my phone

charged £

Last edited:
Boo hoo! I've had a pants day )-:
I have a new client, not totally new as trimmed her hair a few time, Brazilianed it etc, but never coloured until last week. She's not been happy with her usual hairdresser so asked me to step in, she was happy with the results. Anyway she asked me to fit some extensions, which I advised against pre bonded or micro rings as her hair is very fragile and thin, but Balmain had literally just rung and told me about their new Easy Volume tape extensions, so I thought these would be suitable, but bloody Balmain don't do the usual colours in this range and will only send samples with your first order, so I ordered Level 10, to colour it. I colour her hair Affinage 10.32 , put this on the extensions with 3% and it went khaki! It was also to light, tried 9.3 3% too dark, 6% to light aargh!!! I eventually did some parts 9.3 with a mix if 3% and 6% plus some in 9.035, seemed ok. Fitted them today and now they look to dark I'm not to concerned as they'll probably lighten, but my client isn't happy as I couldn't dye where the tape is and they are still level 10(613), she feels they are noticeable. I'm going back tomorrow to try to get as close to the tape as possible, they come with a guard so there are a few mm to colour, but I know I can't go over the tape, don't know what to do ???

Any help on either y colour was such a pain or if you've coloured tape extensions or Balmain. I feel really down about it as spent quite a few hours dying these at my own cost then charged £45 to fit them but feel I should refund client.

Sorry to ramble and sorry for rubbish text I'm on my phone

charged £

Spoke to Ben at Balmain for advice on this. My thoughts if darkening at all you don’t need to put a pearl or ash tone as this will cause it to go khaki/grey. I don't use Affinage so I’m not entirely sure, but think the 32 will be a gold/pearl. If you keep going over and over the colour with more colour it will get darker and darker. It might be worth asking Balmain if they can get advice from Amanda, their educator, who uses Affinage, what she’d put on a L10 of Balmain to achieve the 10.32 tone the customer is going for and see what her thoughts on the situation are.

As for going over the tape, Balmain do reapplication tapes so although colour over tape not ideal, the reapplication tapes can be used if the quality is compromised at all. I would ring Ben.

Thank you have pm'd you back.

Sharon

Hi slightly off subject! But are the balmain tape extensions good? I'm using the rapture taste extbsions and all they seem to do is snap off within a couple of weeks and not last as all! Dissapointed with rapture and want to try something else but love the tape application do quick! And help or comments would be great!

Hi slightly off subject! But are the balmain tape extensions good? I'm using the rapture taste extbsions and all they seem to do is snap off within a couple of weeks and not last as all! Dissapointed with rapture and want to try something else but love the tape application do quick! And help or comments would be great!

Balmain clip tape is good, comes with clips on as well as tape, found really easy to apply and remove and lasted long in the hair, great thing is is Balmain offer reapplication tapes which mean the hair doesn't go to waste you can just keep using them over and over again. x

I was wondering how good the tape extensions were, I have a client that would be suitable for this as she has fine fragile hair. Maybe I will give them a go

Balmain clip tape is good, comes with clips on as well as tape, found really easy to apply and remove and lasted long in the hair, great thing is is Balmain offer reapplication tapes which mean the hair doesn't go to waste you can just keep using them over and over again. x
Its the easy volume I've used, which is new out, there's no clips on these.

Its the easy volume I've used, which is new out, there's no clips on these.

Oh ok, i think it was the clip tape i used, but i will definately be trying out the Easy Volume. x

I was wondering how good the tape extensions were, I have a client that would be suitable for this as she has fine fragile hair. Maybe I will give them a go

Would definately recommend x

Latest posts

Back