Colouring bleached hair back to brown

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katyt

Reaction score
hey, ive a few customers wanting to go from bleach blonde to their natural colour, im strugglig to find anything to stick.
Ive used a red colour mousse and loreal colours with 20 vol and they fade really quick.
Can anyone advise on another method please? X

You could try a L'oreal dialight to pre pig the hair? And I use 10vol or a Demi permanent because they hold better. And obviously a recommended shampoo and conditioner for home! :)

You need to reduce the developer right down because all you're doing with 20vol is opening the cuticle and allowing the molecules to slide straight out.

Pre-pig and try a porosity equaliser then use either a Demi or semi with a very low developer.

You could try a L'oreal dialight to pre pig the hair? And I use 10vol or a Demi permanent because they hold better. And obviously a recommended shampoo and conditioner for home! :)[/QUOTE
You need to reduce the developer right down because all you're doing with 20vol is opening the cuticle and allowing the molecules to slide straight out.

Pre-pig and try a porosity equaliser then use either a Demi or semi with a very low developer.
thank you, whats a porosity equaliser? X

I would try infratreat. It evens out porosity so that when colour is applied it should be even all over, providing application of colour was thorough.

hey, ive a few customers wanting to go from bleach blonde to their natural colour, im strugglig to find anything to stick.
Ive used a red colour mousse and loreal colours with 20 vol and they fade really quick.
Can anyone advise on another method please? X
Try Matrix so colour. They require ZERO pre pigmenting .. YES I DID SAY THAT!!!!.... and work! If your going darker, 6% is too harsh.. Go for 3% (10V) their range of quasi semi permsnent colours are really good too (used with their activator) leave on for 20 mins and for each 20 mins you leave it on for, it turns 1 shade darker. They already have syncronised bonds in the mix so it's flawless and fills in porous voids within the hair shaft. Their morphers are unreal too for after colouring and before you put your conditioner over the top... Look it up on google or ask your nearest Matrix supplier xxx

Agree with AcidPerm! I never use permanent colours on the ends only on roots. A semi or Demi will leave the hair in better condition and won't fade so quickly! X

I love Matrix ColorSync demi color. It has a very heavy pigment load and is gentle. I always prep the hair with Olaplex and a good deep conditioner prior to depositing and I use Olaplex in my color. It really helps it deposit and I have found colors hasve better "staying" power/fades less as well. Also you can add and dd to their #3 take home for strength treatment as well as color refresh between salon visits

Go in with a matrix colour sync NW 20mins shampoo out then dry and go in with desired colour again in sync range . Works everytime and leaves hair shiny x

Latest posts

Back