Colouring lightest blonde hair with grey roots to level 8 or 9?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soozgribb

Reaction score
Hello

I am looking for some advice on a clients hair. She is currently very light blonde (previously had a mixture of bleach and highlift h/l's), with 3" regrowth of 50% grey. The target colour is a level 8 or 9. Do you think I will have to pre pig/ fill the blonde hair before applying target colour. Or is there a product out there to do that in one step? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Hello

I am looking for some advice on a clients hair. She is currently very light blonde (previously had a mixture of bleach and highlift h/l's), with 3" regrowth of 50% grey. The target colour is a level 8 or 9. Do you think I will have to pre pig/ fill the blonde hair before applying target colour. Or is there a product out there to do that in one step? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Tbh if you use something like 8.3 you should be ok x

I find putting .3's onto virgin roots especially grey ends up turning them really over gold, I normally put a flat on the roots then blend into a gold to avoid that slight root glow , am I wrong ?? :S x

Hello

What brand do you use?
I use l'oreal and would do 8.13 and 8 INOA on roots the dia light 8.3 and a 1/4 dose 7 on the ends with 6vol

This is what I would use.
You can pre pig with a gold on the ends, use an 8.0 on the ends and an 8.00 on the roots for a flat colour but more often than not iv found most clients like some tone to their hair. Xoxo

I use both wella and matrix. More confident covering grey with wella but like matrix for colour correcting/ colouring down. I agree with not putting the 8/3 alone on regrowth, and I am happy to hear I prob wont have to pigment the treated hair. Thanks

50% grey and gold will match perfectly if you use 8.3 roots 7.3 ends x

50% grey and gold will match perfectly if you use 8.3 roots 7.3 ends x

Someone else who remembers to add more depth to the ends :)

Someone else who remembers to add more depth to the ends :)

I'm not showing off but I actually "get" colour... Which is what sets me apart from other salons in my area! And allow for natural pigment!

Agreed- adding no tone to grey hair just goes flat :) I also love the science behind colour :)

The client sent me a picture of her hair. So now thinking its lighter than what I thought so will prob have to pre pig to achieve a level 8. She also doesnt look as grey as she says but it is just a picture. I must admit ive never pre pigged and got the desired colour successfully so was hoping for some advice on what to use to pre pig with. Wella or matrix is easiest for me.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Sorry tried to upload picture but its not working. Will upload it from the pc when im home.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back